Author Topic: Post retail or gameplay bugs here!  (Read 52631 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Post errors/bugs/problems here!
I mean are you using the retail EXE or the SCP EXE.

Sorry, I meant SCP, not FS2.  Post in the Source Code Project forum.

Offline Silent Warrior

• My thoughts go where no one knows to tread.
That link doesn't work for ME now... *Spews some very impolite words directed at FilePlanet*

[Edit] Coolitude, NOW the download works... EXCITEMENT.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 10:15:32 am by 1546 »
I can't go home again until I find a stone a rose a door.
Choo choo, and that is the truth.

I think I've found the source to my problem... its the actual port file.

I only ever have these lagging problems when the port is installed. Should I try using one of the older port versions?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's odd.  Yes, try 2.0 or 2.1.

Offline AOClaus

Need help with 2.3, not all the ships are working :-(
I cant' get all the ships to work in version 2.3, I can get the dragon and Apollo and that's it. I don't have the first clue what to do in order to fix this. Can anyone help?

Offline redmenace

:welcome:
AOClause

second if I can't shoot shivan fighters I can't target then why should my wingmen.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
AOClaus, what are you talking about? :confused:

Offline AOClaus

Never mind i figured it out
I should slap myself for not figureing it out sooner too.  Sorry for any confusion.  I couldn't get the Freespace to Freespace 2 port to work.  For some reason I could only get a few of the ships to show up and none of the weapons. But I managed to fix that.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Welcome to HLP, AOClaus. :) How did you solve your problem?

- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline redmenace

My previous post should have read this way:
second if I can't shoot shivan fighters with heat seackers that I can't target then why should my wingmen.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Um... you can shoot them with heat-seekers.

Offline AOClaus

Don't laugh but I thought I just was supposed to put the freespace port's main .vp file into the games main directory. I didn't realize that I was supposed to extract its contents into the games different folders.  :ha: Like I said I should have slapped myself for not having figured it out right away. :lol:

Offline redmenace

they shouldn't track unless there is a target lock. I always thought they required furys to destroy them.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Cniinc

I'm not sure if this has been fixedl, but...
OK, I installed an earlier version of FS1 port, but whenever I put it into the FS2 folder, my singleplayer games would register no weapons! I mean, I put the file into the folder, then load up FS2. I load the FS2 campaign, and it simply shows no weapons. has this been fixed? I'd like to be able to put them both in the same folder, so i can have one pilot in each game.

Thanks,
J

FS2 IS BUYABLE FROM INTERPLAY!!! GO TO THEIR STORE AND BUY IT IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE IT!!!!:nod:

Offline redmenace

-Frederic Bastiat

Offline AOClaus

I kidna had a similar problem. What I did was looked inside the fsport.vp and extracted the individual folders into their counterparts in the FS2 data directory. that fixed my problem.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: I'm not sure if this has been fixedl, but...
Redmenace: Ok, if that's what you mean, that has been fixed in fs2_open.

Originally posted by Cniinc
I installed an earlier version of FS1 port
Install the latest version of the Port.  There are a bunch of problems that have been fixed.

It sounds like you might have table files hanging around somewhere.  Remove any tables files and it should work.

Offline Cniinc

Hey, about the sound/animation/etc. files that can be ripped or taken from the CDs from FS1 and Silent threat, that are in the readme manual...
Is there a single file that has all the files, and a readme of where to put them? because my n00bishness makes it really hard for me to understand most jargon. Or something like that.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Um... is the readme file not clear enough?  Extract the files from the FS1 VP files, and put them in the same directory they came from (e.g., data\cbanims --> data\cbanims).  If you don't know how to extract files, check out Karajorma's FAQ.

If you want, you can get custom VP files from the download page on the FSPort website.

Greetings, I know I'm new here. In fact, I just got started in tinkering with FS2 and FS2_Open files.
I do have a problem that when I try to use FS2 after I extracted all the files in the VPs on the site and extracted the others requested in the readme.txt, FS2 (v1.2, original) hangs and closes itself.

I think that perhaps the doc is not so clear.
It says what others files need to be extracted from the FS1 and ST VPs to make this work, with a very little hint as how to extract them.
I think I would need more of a howto like doc, stating what should I do, where do I get what I need, etc.
You need to tell in what order you have to extract the files.

Here would be an example of what I would like an install doc should be:

* Download the VPs of the site at http://blah.blah
* Extract "this" and "that" files to the aproppiate directories inside the fs2/data directory. (e.g: from freespace.vp, data/cbanims to c:\games\fs2\data\cbanims) and then, this other file and so on....

I got confused with the files and saw that the VPs on the site already have files that the originals have. So I don't know what should be overwritten or not.

Well, I'm quite sleepy. I worked the night shift and perhaps what I wrote wouldn't be clearly understood.
Anyway, and once I get this working, I will be glad to write the howto myself.

Regards,

Dario (Mr. Duckman)

P.D: The Karajorma's FAQ explains well what the program loads first, but I got confused anyway :P
Originally posted by Goober5000
Um... is the readme file not clear enough?  Extract the files from the FS1 VP files, and put them in the same directory they came from (e.g., data\cbanims --> data\cbanims).  If you don't know how to extract files, check out Karajorma's FAQ.

If you want, you can get custom VP files from the download page on the FSPort website.