Author Topic: Post retail or gameplay bugs here!  (Read 52630 times)

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Post errors/bugs/problems here!
I've installed everything and it all worked quite nicely, until I got to the second mission and now I always get stuck in a Ulysses (or however it's spelled) with no weapons of any sort. So do all my teammates.

I'm using FS2 Open, so I'd imagine that's part of it. Do I have to remove certain .vp's when I want to play FS1 or something?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You just have to make sure no other mods are installed.  Take a look at the VP files you have and see if any of them include ships.tbl.  If they do, they should be disabled (rename the .vp to .vp1 or something).  The only VP containing a ships.tbl should be fsport2_3.vp.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
I suppose I'll have to do that, then. I tried extracting the table in fsport2_3.vp into the tables folder so it would override any other tables in other vp's, but that just lead to crashing upon comitting to a mission. It was worth a shot though. =)

*Edit*: I restarted the campaign, and things worked perfectly from then on. At least until I got to the mission where you need to capture the Taranis. The thing has no subsystems or turrets at all, so it's quite a challenge to disarm and disable it. I'll check to see if it's an issue with other things I've been tweaking around with as of late.

*His Royal Magesty Sir Edit II*
Yup, it was stuff with other mods. Cleared it up and all.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 10:56:06 pm by 2005 »

Hi.
i downloaded all the files to the main fs2 folder, and everything works great. I got animations, voices, but the music is the same as fs2....and the sound effects. I read in one of the earlier posts, that fs1 music is not supported yet. If its true, when can we expect its integration to the port?

I also read in other posts, that people here are extracting various files out of .vp files. My question is should i also extract those files,
or simply coping them to the main fs2 folder is enough? as it does seem to work...

I use the 2.3 version.

ps: 3 bugs which i encountered so far are:
1) in the second mission there are no asteroids...only a few sparsly
situated in a non-threatning way.
2) same mission, after eliminating all four wings of vasudans, i
remember there should be an ace vasudan pilot confrontation
as a bonus objective, but there wasnt.
3)before the 5th mission, there is a non-relevant, speachless, 1 -paged briefing  -  something about subspace and expantion, and how  "they" will have no boundaries....
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 05:59:21 pm by 2920 »

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
1) This is how it was in retail.
2) Up the difficulty
3) This is a replacement for a cutscene.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

1) i'm quite sure there was a dense asteroid field there.
even in briefing they mention it, and how you wont be able to see
the vasudans until your close, but so will they.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I think the density of the asteroids in that mission should be increased.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
There are exactly as many asteroids in that mission as there were in FS1.

As for the rest of the bugs, they should be fixed when v3.0 comes out.

I unzipped all of the vp files to the proper areas (or as far as I can tell) but none of the weapons are loading in the main campaign, I can play silent threat but only the promethus will load. Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:welcome:

The proper area is Freespace2\ or Freespace2\fsport\ if you're using the SCP's -mod option.  It sounds like you have extra tables or mods interfering with the FSPort.  If you're running retail, try disabling all other mods.

I don't have any mods installed and I am running retail, the only thing I have installed is the port

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
All you have to do is stick the VP files in your Freespace2 directory.  Don't extract any files from them, or you'll get unpredictable results.

Look in the Freespace2\data subfolders and see if any of them contain extra files.

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
In Out of the Dark, Into the Night, the Plato's supposed to be destroyed. In retail (and the Port), if you somehow manage to save it and take out the untargetable Shivans attacking it, it will proceed to the node and just sit and spin, requiring you to kill it with ~K to be able to jump out. Is there a way we could get the Plato's waypoints changed to jump out in the unlikely event it gets to the node and trigger the "return to base" directive? Also, if this is possible, could saving the Plato be made a bonus objective that gives a promotion or something else?

As always, thanks in advance.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That will be fixed in v3.

Originally posted by Goober5000
All you have to do is stick the VP files in your Freespace2 directory.  Don't extract any files from them, or you'll get unpredictable results.

Look in the Freespace2\data subfolders and see if any of them contain extra files.

I didn't extract any files from the .VP, I extracted the .vp files from zip files and then placed them in their respective folders in the data folder. Everything loads fine command briefing animations, sounds, music, missions, but none of the weapons will load at all.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You're not supposed to put the VP files "in their respective folders".  Just put them all in C:\Games\Freespace2.

the game crashes everytime I try that

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Then... you probably have some screwed up file structure going on.  Post a list of all the files that are in C:\Games\Freespace2 and their subfolders.

Offline ZmaN

I have a problem with port.  (well  beside the fact that i actually bought freespace 1 not knowing its stuck in 640x480 res).  Anyway I started the first mission with port, but i have no weapons what so ever.  I downloaded all the port packages but i still dont have them.  help?
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Sounds like the same problem primalspas had.  Read my instructions a few posts back.