Author Topic: Post retail or gameplay bugs here!  (Read 52639 times)

Post errors/bugs/problems here!
Why don't the FS1 personas work?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Because I didn't include them?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

I took them out of my fs1 vp.

Offline SGGWD

Hmm, the mission 3m03 "A Failure to Communicate" simply crashes when I commit to the mission.

I have the same problem.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Download 2.2c, as mentioned in the other thread.

Offline SGGWD

Tried that, but:

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/3dactionplanet/hlp/hosted/fsport/fsport2_2c.zip

The file you tried to download could not be found.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It works fine for me.  Did you go through the whole FilePlanet routine?

Offline SGGWD

Hm, the link works now.

Offline SGGWD

Tried 2.2c, mission still crashes.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Did you remove all previous versions, including 2.2b?

Offline SGGWD

Yes.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ugh.

Ok, check to make sure you have no other mods installed, anywhere.  Check in Freespace2, in Freespace2/data, and Freespace2/data/tables.  Then run it with the 01_20_2004 build from the SCP forum.

Hey, I have a problem concerning weapons.

I just download version 2.1 of the FS Port and started playing it. Now when I was checking my loadout on the first mission, I noticed that all the weapons availible were shaded white, meaning my craft weren't able to use them (and I couldn't choose any other craft to fly). Therefore in that level I had to sit and watch my wingman take down all the fighters. The strange thing was that in-game when I signaled for a reload (even though I had nothing), when the reload craft docked with me it gave me the Subach HL-7 and a Promethus S. And it wasn't just this mission that was the problem; all the missions I tried to play after that I couldn't arm myself with ANY weapons.

At that point I downloaded version 2.2c and I still got the same problem. How can I fix this?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:welcome:

You probably have some other mod installed that's interfering.  Make sure all other mods are removed or disabled.  Check in Freespace2, in Freespace2/data, and in Freespace2/data/tables for any .vp or .tbl files.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I played "Failure to Communicate" under 2.2c last night with no problems, except for the objective of defending the science cruiser... that is very nearly impossible.  I did what I did before, and extracted the mission, opened it in FRED2, and gave the cruiser a ship-guardian sexp.  Personally, I think that you should swap the Phoenix (or Treb or whatever you've given the Nephilim) for the Shivan light bomb... something that the player has a chance to shoot down.

On another note, as was mentioned in the SCP and other sub-forums, I encountered a problem when playing the mission in subspace under HT&L.  The subspace effects were there for less than a second, then they vanished entirely.  I played the rest of the mission just fine, but the subspace effects never returned.  While I'm talking about it, that must have been the easiest time I've ever had in that mission.  I was using the default difficulty level and we took down the Lucifer with more than 5 minutes to spare, and I didn't lose a single ship.  Either its a change in the mission design, or it was the fact that I gave all of the Ulysses advanced disruptor cannons.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline SGGWD

Again no luck with "failure to communicate", so I decided to jump to the next mission.

I have the subspace problem too, any solution?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The subspace problem belongs in the SCP forum.

I fixed the balance on Good Luck to more what it was from the original FS1.

I also fixed Failure to Communicate, but from what you say it sounds like that mission was never updated in 2.2c.  Try downloading the attachment.

Thanks for helping me fix the weapons problem, but now I have another one.

Before I got a reply to my message, I reinstalled the game thinking that might fix it. But now that I reinstalled it, my computer lags heavily whenever I play the game. Before I reinstalled I used the Very High setting and it ran quite smoothly, but now its lagging heavily. I tried lowering the details to High but it's just as bad.

I know this is a bit off-topic, but does anyone know how I can fix this?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Did you use the same EXE before and after the reinstall?

This also might belong better in the SCP forum.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 12:39:29 am by 561 »

Did you use the same EXE before and after the reinstall?

What do you mean? I un-installed, deleted the directory, then re-installed.

I can't see a FS2 forum... could you direct me to it?