Author Topic: FSPORT 2.1 released!  (Read 6415 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
FSPORT 2.1 released!
Download from FilePlanet, 16 megs

I haven't included much documentation in here, sorry. Look up the previous release thread for the readme.

What's new?

• Enhanced SCP support, including fixed tables for debug builds, a new splash screen, and fixed glowmaps for the Athena and Fenris.
  • Enhanced multiplayer support, with Towani's dogfight weapons, and the Amun, Anubis and Athena models are now more stable.
  • Dozens of new briefing icons by Black Wolf! No more Aeolus cruisers.  Please note: the Largeship is now the Faustus science cruiser and to use the Demon icon, make it a Shivan support ship.
  • A much nicer version of the pilot select screen.
  • Slight changes to the FS2 missions Into the Lion's Den, Slaying Ravana, and Clash of the Titans II.
  • Plenty of mission fixes in the original ported campaign, including the Vasudan ace, the shield prototype mission, the introduction of the SC Taranis, updating the icons, and other stuff I can't remember right now.
  • FS1 Subspace POFs included. Subspace looks much nicer now, no more 'rings.'
  • Ancients cutscenes now included in the ported campaign file.
  • All instances of the Vasudan Light Laser have been renamed to the VLL-9 Laser, so it doesn't spill over the HUD.
  • Some weapon tweaks, including fading out for the Huge laser turrets, a new Megafunk sound effect, and some other slight tweaks to the VLL, Havoc, and Unknown bombs.
  • Faustus model modified so anything towing it goes forwards.
  • GTC Leviathan skin slightly modified, to differentiate it from the Fenris. (GE)
  • New Ancients CBanim, borrowed from one of Setekh's renders. I'm sure he won't mind.
  • Interface art for the SF Dragon (terrans) is now complete, thanks to Sesquipedalian.
  • Fused Karnak is now included. (GE)
  • Squad logo added for the Vasudan Imperium.
  • Asteroid-field-debris has been reskinned.
  • Some 'extras' for use in ST:R by Goober.
  • Pilot images from FS1 now included.

All these enhancements are yours to do with as you please.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2003, 03:12:42 pm by 510 »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
w00t! D/l people, D/l! :D
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Xers

*Click's on link*

*Receives Error: File Not Found message*

:hopping: @ FilePlanet

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
uh oh..
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Xers

Ahhh! It's back up. Guess FP just decided to take a poop yesterday.

Originally posted by Xers
Ahhh! It's back up. Guess FP just decided to take a poop yesterday.

Nope now it not working for me :(
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
*goes off to download it*

And I can do whatever the hell I want with them? Cool.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline J.F.K.

Funkiness, downloading now. :)
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Suggestion, can you included a readme file that tells all that is needed to do to get the most out of this port?  I have FS and ST and it would be cool if I could watch all of the videos, and listen to all of the breiefings (sp?).  I did everything that was said in port 2_0 but I still did not get the video or some of the briefings (like the mission ones, the over view ones worked just fine)

Also, does anybody know of a quick way to get through the levels without playing them?  I could never get passed one of the last levels in FS (failer (sp?) to communicate) and it would be nice to just warp to it to finally be able to work on it again.

By the way, this is really cool!  THX!  ;)
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Fail a mission 5 times and you can skip it.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Could you give us a hint as to whats changed in the FS2 Missions? Or are we going to have to play it to fined out?
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I just saw the update on the main page.  Good job people on getting the animations, music, and voice files hosted.  I already have FS1 and ST myself so I was able to just extract and make use of them, but condensing the music into a VP for FS2 use is useful.  In fact, I'm downloading the whole 40MB of it righ now.  I was wondering, about the various CBs you have also listed, are they new ones like the preflight ship ani files in 2.1 of the port, or are they just the ones from FS1?  Also, the "Awakenings" campaign, is that the semi-campaign of single missions included with the original Silent Threat, converted into an actual campaign file, or something else?  Also, the post references "FSPort: SCP Edition" and "Awakenings: SCP Edition".  Are these refering to actual separate versions of the Port and this upcoming campaign that require SCP, or do they just refer to SCP enabled features already in the Port such as glowmaps, that need SCP to function, but won't cause the program not to run if SCP (listed version) is not present?  I'm not sure if that made any sense, but there it is.

One other note, the update makes no reference to ST:R... is this indicative of a problem, or a surprise?

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
 I was wondering, about the various CBs you have also listed, are they new ones like the preflight ship ani files in 2.1 of the port, or are they just the ones from FS1?  

They're the ones from FS1.

Also, the "Awakenings" campaign, is that the semi-campaign of single missions included with the original Silent Threat, converted into an actual campaign file, or something else?  

This is the 12-mission campaign Awakenings originally made for FS1, ported by Goober and using the current FSPort VP.

Also, the post references "FSPort: SCP Edition" and "Awakenings: SCP Edition".  Are these refering to actual separate versions of the Port and this upcoming campaign that require SCP, or do they just refer to SCP enabled features already in the Port such as glowmaps, that need SCP to function, but won't cause the program not to run if SCP (listed version) is not present?

Some people have been clamoring for a version of the Port that uses the SCP enhancements like the Centaur support ship, but I saw no reason to edit the entire campaign for such a trivial item. However, the FS1 music VP requires the SCP, so an upcoming SCP-Only conversion of the Port will be made to use the new music tracks and other assorted enhancements. The same goes for Awakenings. We will be holding off on this until we get stable high-res Galatea and Bastion main halls into FS2, though. :D

One other note, the update makes no reference to ST:R... is this indicative of a problem, or a surprise?

I reported nothing on the progress of ST:R because there is nothing to report. :nervous:

Kudos go to Trivial Psychic for finding the updates before I even posted the news! Congratulations! :D
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Awakenings-port *gets shock* this one i looking forward as well ST:R:yes: :yes: :) :)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
If you're looking for something else to Port, you might try the series of single missions included with the Silent Threat CD that I refered to earlier.  Its not actually a campaign, but if follows the same pilot through an arc that is in my opionion, more interesting than Silent Threat itself... all be it, less "dangerous" in that the Shivans don't even make an appearance (if I remember right) and GTI isn't part of it.  It starts out with your pilot acting as a traffic cop near a space station, end follows through as the Terrans and Vasudans debate as to who should have colonization rites to certain inhabitable systems, as well as the actions of a Terran terrorist faction that are against GTA expansion, and another corrupt GTA admiral who is manipulating these factors to his own ends.  During your investigations, this admiral and his co-conspirators have you and your destroyer declared trators and you have to fight to clear your name.  It was never actually compiled into a campaign file, but there's enough plot thread to warrant it, though occasional changes might be necessary.  For example, in one mission I managed to destroy 2 Vasudan cruisers who were working with the tratorous admiral, then I destroyed the admiral's destroyer, but it was present for the mission after that.  The battle took place in an asteroid belt, so I used Phoenix V missiles to knock out some of the destroyer's cannons so it couldn't take out the asteroids, then let them do the rest.  You'd have to include a departure order for the destroyer.

Later!

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
If you're looking for something else to Port, you might try the series of single missions included with the Silent Threat CD that I refered to earlier.  Its not actually a campaign, but if follows the same pilot through an arc that is in my opionion, more interesting than Silent Threat itself... all be it, less "dangerous" in that the Shivans don't even make an appearance (if I remember right) and GTI isn't part of it.  It starts out with your pilot acting as a traffic cop near a space station, end follows through as the Terrans and Vasudans debate as to who should have colonization rites to certain inhabitable systems, as well as the actions of a Terran terrorist faction that are against GTA expansion, and another corrupt GTA admiral who is manipulating these factors to his own ends.  During your investigations, this admiral and his co-conspirators have you and your destroyer declared trators and you have to fight to clear your name.  It was never actually compiled into a campaign file, but there's enough plot thread to warrant it, though occasional changes might be necessary.  For example, in one mission I managed to destroy 2 Vasudan cruisers who were working with the tratorous admiral, then I destroyed the admiral's destroyer, but it was present for the mission after that.  The battle took place in an asteroid belt, so I used Phoenix V missiles to knock out some of the destroyer's cannons so it couldn't take out the asteroids, then let them do the rest.  You'd have to include a departure order for the destroyer.

Later!

It's destiny of peace, and was one of the best known FS1 campaigns - actually it was up on the VWArchieves.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Does FSPort-SCP include the jazzed up Lucifer created by the Inferno team (available through their archives if anyone's interested)?  You had expressed an interest in it, though you said you'd need to re-turret it and perform some table edits (and possibly a shield mesh) before it would be ready.  If you haven't had time to make said alterations for the planned SCP release time, you do you have any genuine plans to include it in any further Port iterations, SCP or otherwise?

On another note, you mentioned making use of the SCP enhancements in the SCP Edition (obviously) and I was wondering if these would include some of the new sexps.  For example, for the mission "Playing Judas", in order to trigger the launch of the Manticore fighters from the Lucifer's fighter bay, the player needs to get within a certain distance of one of two waypoints which are designed to line up with with the fighter bays of the Lucifer, once it comes to a rest.  Unfortunatly, in my curret copy of the port, these waypoints do not line up, preventing a key event from being completed.  If this mission were to use the new is-distance-subsystem (I can't exactly remember the wording but you get the idea) and select one of the fighter bays, in place of the distance from the waypoints, it could solve this problem.

Later!

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
If you want my advice (and I know you do, everybody does...  NOT) somewhere there should be a downlodable SCP port with the videos in the campain.  Since the other FS1 Media was put up recently I am sure room could be found somewhere to put up the videos.  Ad with the SCP they could be in DIVIX fourm.  

Heck if I had a MVE->DIVIX converter I could do the converting for you!  ;)
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Sandwich, among other people, was working on making them all into AVIs. I'll nag him about it.

Offline Target

I've got them in avi form, also you'll need a slightly modified freespace campaign file to play them. Just change the .mve to .avi.
If someones got the space I'll upload them.