Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 3718 times)

Offline Fr3z3r

• http://www.freespace.prv.pl
OK, I finally managed to download the latest (2.1) FSPort. The conversion is generally well done, no errors or bugs spotted so far. However, I'd like to suggest some minor changes and improvements:

-----

1. GTS Hygeia as a support ship in FS1? I don't know if it can be changed without FSSCP, but I'd really like to see the good old Centaur.

-----

2. Briefing icons. There are some icons still to be re-edited:

2.1. Terran fighter, bomber, fighter wing and bomber wing. Perseus & Boanerges? I don't think so...
2.2. Vasudan cruiser group - Mentu?

These are icons I have seen so far. If there are more "historical anomalies", correct them as well.

-----

Er... That's all I can think of at the moment. Keep up the great work. :nod:

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Fr3z3r

2. Briefing icons. There are some icons still to be re-edited:

2.1. Terran fighter, bomber, fighter wing and bomber wing. Perseus & Boanerges? I don't think so...
2.2. Vasudan cruiser group - Mentu?

These are icons I have seen so far. If there are more "historical anomalies", correct them as well.

That's what I said, but GE likes em apparently. I think I still have Medusa, Apollo and Aten Icons around somewhere - if I find them, I might be able to send them to you.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
*thought they were upgraded with Port v.2.2*
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Fr3z3r

Originally posted by Knight Templar
*thought they were upgraded with Port v.2.2*

2.2? I thought 2.1 is the latest version...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
*wonders why GE didn't release it publically...*

*wonders if he should even be mentioning this.......*
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
2.2? Where?

Oh. The stuff from 2.2 was released as 2.1 publicly. And the Terran bombers should be Medusas...
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I have Apollo briefing icons for Shivan ships since one of the most prominently featured fighters in my campaign is the Apollo II which has its species set as Shivan (because of its Shivan-designed sublight engines)
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Fr3z3r

OK, now here's something I can't live with...

Prometheus S in FS1? No way! I want the original, FS1 Prometheus.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
They're exactly the same. Prometheus S = Original Prometheus

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Fr3z3r

Originally posted by Woolie Wool
They're exactly the same. Prometheus S = Original Prometheus

Nope. Prometheus R is the original Prometheus cannon (R = retrofit). Prometheus S appeared after the discovery of the Gamma Draconis Nebula, when GTVA gained access to large gas resources.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 01:18:53 pm by 719 »

Offline Fr3z3r

Originally posted by Fr3z3r

Nope. Prometheus R is the original Prometheus cannon (R = retrofit). Prometheus S appeared after the discovery of the Gamma Draconis Nebula, when GTVA gained access to large gas resources.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
WRONG. The tech room states explicitly that the S variant is the original. Look it up.

--General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The S stands for Standard, which is a minor variant of the original Prometheus cannon used in the Great War. It's much easier to use that instead of going to the hassle of making another Prometheus with negligable differences. This decision was made a long time ago.

Next you'll be wanting the original Hornet with blue trails. :p
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
The S stands for Standard, which is a minor variant of the original Prometheus cannon used in the Great War. It's much easier to use that instead of going to the hassle of making another Prometheus with negligable differences. This decision was made a long time ago.

Next you'll be wanting the original Hornet with blue trails. :p

If u got those Blue trails I would like that, not the older Hornets cose I made my ones like that and the sucked.:no: You know how hard it would be to play FS2 the way they were in FS1? I tryed and you can't hit jack- Parden me for this but.........You can't hit jack **** with em like that.

Eddit: could you please PM em two me the Blue trails I mean? or tell me how to make my own?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 06:18:42 pm by 194 »
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
2.2? Where?

Oh. The stuff from 2.2 was released as 2.1 publicly.

What ever, if that stuff is out then where is it hummm????:doubt:
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Hay GE I ascked you a question! :hopping:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
StarGunner, please calm down.  First of all, GalacticEmperor is home for the summer (as his "location" says), which means he doesn't get to check the forum often and probably didn't notice your post.  Secondly, if you want to get PMs, then clean out your PM inbox - I tried emailing you about that earlier.

And as far as where to download the Port v2.1, there's a stickied thread at the very top of the forum that says FSPORT v2.1 Released!  Here's the link: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,15130.0.html

In the future, please try to be a little more considerate.