Author Topic: What's up?  (Read 4937 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
I just wanted to know if you had any new plans for the port?
If not, I might have a suggestion, PM me if you're interested...
SCREW CANON!

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Silent Threat Reborn... comming... soon. ;7 :p
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
How about

Fix...the...ML-16...

It's shots are different from the originals. Why not do the original Hornet, nebula bitmaps resembling the FS1 nebulas, and the original weapon sounds too?

Nothing less than perfection will do.:D
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
ML-16: :wtf:

Original Hornet: What, with the blue trails? Bah, if you want such a minor change, do it yourself. Or make GE do it. :p

Nebulae: FS1 rendered nebulae completely different than FS2 IIRC, so that would be impossible.

Sounds: Meh.

Too Long, Didn't Read

Originally posted by Knight Templar
ML-16: :wtf:

Original Hornet: What, with the blue trails? Bah, if you want such a minor change, do it yourself. Or make GE do it. :p

Nebulae: FS1 rendered nebulae completely different than FS2 IIRC, so that would be impossible.

Sounds: Meh.

Sounds are all Vs stuff and GE and his team are all too afride to give em out to non FS users like you and I.:rolleyes: I've been working at GE at this for years. I did help get this mod going BTY.:nod:
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
:wtf: You did?

Anyway, the original sound effects for the old weapons are all included. Perhaps you have an earlier version of the Port?

Venom: We should chat anyway...
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
well, even if you don't see me, I'm often on ICQ ( from 3 PM to 2 AM, GMT+2,  usually ). Just call, and if I'm online I'll reply.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor

Anyway, the original sound effects for the old weapons are all included. Perhaps you have an earlier version of the Port?

Did the FS1 demo use different sounds for the ML-16 than the full version?

Also, the ML-16 shots are the wrong color (they should be bluish) and shaped incorrectly (again, I'm going by the demo here; I never played the full version of FS1).

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Solatar

Originally posted by Woolie Wool

Did the FS1 demo use different sounds for the ML-16 than the full version?

Also, the ML-16 shots are the wrong color (they should be bluish) and shaped incorrectly (again, I'm going by the demo here; I never played the full version of FS1).

ML-16 lasers are exactly how they looked in fs1, I don't know wtf you're talking about...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries

I meant BMP images that LOOK like FS1 nebulae.

--General Battuta

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Solatar

ML-16 lasers are exactly how they looked in fs1, I don't know wtf you're talking about...

The FS1 demo does not support hardware rendering, so that might change the appearance of the shots...

--General Battuta

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!

Yes. Yes you should.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2003, 10:08:37 pm by 302 »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Remember GE? the CJ name mixup form my E-mail?
I was a mission tester, and you sent me like the first 2-3 missions for me to test out. Hes forgotten me allreddy:(

BTY I don't got the FS1 weapons sounds and I got the FSPort 2.1 All I got were the older sounds from 1.2 I think theres a mixup with the Download, or the VP file was not updated right.

Eddit: Check out Woombmaster's Lucy model hes got the best looking Lucifer ever on the Infrno forms.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2003, 11:28:08 am by 194 »
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
when i was fired from FSPORT, i only had 2 missions to finish, and they were due in 2 weeks or else i'd be holding back the release of the campaign.

it's been months now, and you've picked up at least one new member that i know of (Goober)... so what's going on?  Are those two missions i was supposed to turn in really lagging you guys down that much?

*waits anxiously*

Since you've left, we've lost Alikchi and experienced several setbacks on a per-person basis, as well as dealing with Goober's tireless and extensive nitpicking.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 11:44:44 pm by 510 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I've had computer troubles all summer, so it's been hard for me to test missions or FRED new ones.  And GE has FS2 and internet access in two different places, so it's tough for him as well.  But we are extremely close to a release, methinks. :nod:

Originally posted by Goober5000
I've had computer troubles all summer, so it's been hard for me to test missions or FRED new ones.  And GE has FS2 and internet access in two different places, so it's tough for him as well.  But we are extremely close to a release, methinks. :nod:

Whats the status on ST:Reborn?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Soon.  Very soon. :drevil:

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Originally posted by Stealth
when i was fired from FSPORT, i only had 2 missions to finish, and they were due in 2 weeks or else i'd be holding back the release of the campaign.

it's been months now, and you've picked up at least one new member that i know of (Goober)... so what's going on?  Are those two missions i was supposed to turn in really lagging you guys down that much?

*waits anxiously*

Err.. I don't think you would have been holding us back..

either way, we're inching closer and closer, but GE is at home for the summer and Goob is goob, so atm we're doing extensive testing with all of missions save one that needs to be finished.

As for release, it'll be out when we're done. :p

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
and Goob is goob,

Hey!  What's that supposed to mean? :p

Anyway, I didn't see you doing much reviewing this summer. :ha:

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
for the love of christ, I want a better color than skyblue! Apparently no one can see it... :p

Too Long, Didn't Read