Author Topic: Quick FS 2.1 VP question  (Read 1821 times)

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Quick FS 2.1 VP question
GalacticEmperor (or anybody else that knows) If I wanted to make a master VP of the Freespace 1 port (so I dont have to keep onloading all the voices and briefings in to the right places) could I build a VP with the port and the other stuff built in?

Just wondering...  If so I am going to do it, it would be pretty cool to have lying around just incase my FS1 and ST CDS broke.  ;7
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
There are now VPs avaliable for all the voices, music and command brief anis avaliable from the downloads page. Or you could use Kazan's VPCS to collect all your files in one VP yourself.

I chose smaller VPs for download purposes; everyone needs the tables, models, missions etc., some might want the voice, some might now. But in any case it saves on download times and makes updating certain portions easier.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
There are now VPs avaliable for all the voices, music and command brief anis avaliable from the downloads page. Or you could use Kazan's VPCS to collect all your files in one VP yourself.

I chose smaller VPs for download purposes; everyone needs the tables, models, missions etc., some might want the voice, some might now. But in any case it saves on download times and makes updating certain portions easier.

Quite understandable.  I'm on dial up and the only way I can get the files is if I use getright and I leave my computer on all night.

I still want 1 big VP file though.  I am going to have to find Kazan's VPCS so I can make it.  :)
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."