Author Topic: Some news  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I've changed my name. :D You can still call me GE if you like but this new nickname is much easier to handle than GalacticEmperor.

And an update for the Freespace Port (2.2) is nearly done. It includes some FS1 sound effects, a Karnak with cleaner geometry, an optimized Ships.tbl with tech room descriptions (!) and something special I've just learned how to do with 3DS Max. ;7 Look for it around Monday or Tuesday. You won't have to download another 20 meg VP file, just a smaller 'patch.'

ST:R needs some mission editing still but that will come when I have some time to put in a few good solid hours of FREDding.  No word on that yet.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Yeah, I stumbled into here and thought "who the hell is this guy?" and I found out that you had just changed your username.:lol::o
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
GE, personally I think you should have called yourself GalEmp, rather than Galemp.  Or perhaps, since this is FS... GalEMP.  :D

On another note, I was playing FS_Open earlier today and found that Phreak's latest build (2003/10/04) has the new ship select screen implimented which uses the tech room pof rather than the traditional ani.  This means you (or whoever you subcontract to) wouldn't have to create the hi-res ship ani for the Port SCP.  It doesn't exactly match the way the ani does the scan in the top-down position, then transitions to the rotating profile shot.  There also isn't the green grid underneath.  I don't know if he or anyone else is planning on furthering this change to try to more closely match the ani, but it is a cool addition.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Originally posted by Galemp
And an update for the Freespace Port (2.2) is nearly done.

Cool!  I hope you are getting around to doing reborn though.  I decided I was not going to play ST until reborn came out so I did not feel like I was wasting my time.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Good for you! Thanks for heeding my advice.

As I type this post my computer is rendering the high-res Amun ship selection animation. I'll have them all finished tonight, then tomorrow I'm going to compile and post the patch VP. This will leave me free to FRED this weekend.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Cool!  What else is in the patch?  Wait, let me guess... "You'll find out tomorrow when I post it".  As far as the Hi-Res ani are concerned, maybe when the SCP gets more stable and more widely used (Inferno-R2) and they make the pof version of the ship selection screen refined more, there won't be a need for the ani.

Later GalEMP!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!