Author Topic: Freespace Port 2.2 Released!  (Read 7033 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Freespace Port 2.2 Released!
Download from FilePlanet, 25.8 mb

So, you may ask, why should you bother downloading a 'patch' that's bigger than the original Port? Here's why:
  • A cleaner, ultra-efficient ships.tbl now accepts all tech room descriptions.
  • New animated FS2-style ship selection interface art! Wow!
  • Selected engine sound effects from FS1 integrated.
  • A remodeled PVI Karnak with better LODs and cleaner geometry.
  • The ever-present bug fixes and enhancements to the original campaign.

I did all the new interface art by myself and I think it's the best SS ani clone I've seen so far. :D Hope you guys like it.

Remember, you need the original Port 2.1 VP to use this.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Vessel is reading as Terran, but is giving off Shivan electronics signatures!
I'm not normally one to *****, but how's progress going on Silent Threat: Reborn?  Completion of the add-on is really the only thing preventing me from downloading the Port at this point, because I'd like to be able to play both campaigns back-to-back.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I have two missions to FRED and three to edit, but unfortunately my architecture critic wants five study models and drawings done by Monday. Not to mention all the studying I have to do for midterms. :blah: That's my weekend shot to hell.

Maybe next weekend.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I expect we'll see "Awakenings" and the SCP Editions of this and the main campaign before we see FS:ST:R, let alone an SCP Edition of it.

Back on topic, great job with the new animations & all.  I'm currently playing R1 of Inferno so I haven't had the chance to try it out in-game.  I see new versions of the main campaign missions, which I hope resolve some of the issues like fighters having shields during the mission to capture McCarthy.  I'm looking forward to the SCP release, and may even soon continue work on GTI: Untold Sorties, now that new tools are at my disposal.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

89% and counting...
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Originally posted by GT-Keravnos
89% and counting...

I'm downloading now no wait on file plante get out and download it now all!

Finaly now we get the best convertion out there! ROCK ON GE!:thepimp:
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I made a boo-boo in the version I uploaded. :nervous:
It's been fixed. I suggest you re-download.

That's why...

Damn...

Never mind.. Re-downloading (Damn 56K!)
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
    • http://josherickson.org
Hmm.. new ss ani's? How did you do it?

I'm just interested.

*starts to download*
I have big plans, now if only I could see them through.

LiberCapacitas duo quiasemper
------------------------------
Nav buoy - They mark things

Impressive job I have to say. Being able to play the original FS with shiny graphics (yes, I couldn't bring myself to play the original game with a resolution of 640X480, on a quite big screen), with all the media from FS1.

Keep it up!

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Oh yea!  Going to Download ASAP!
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Targeting Thylrial, commence plasma core insertion ... open fire!

:welcome:

Welcome to the HLP, recruit. Because of you excellent performance during registering, you are hereby promoted to 'Member'. As you gain more and more posts, you will become a more known and more valuable member of the community.

Enjoy your stay.

:D
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Yes sir, breaking to attack! No, wrong line, I am not a wingman. I mean, thanks for the welcome TopAce.

Am I joining an elite crew of 10,000 on board the HLPBB, composed of the finest officers serving the alliance now? No, it is still a wrong line.

Thanks for the quick fix GE, I have had no problems as of yet with this newer version on the port and I've been makeing glow/shine maps for all of the new ships from FS2 and I think they are pritty good.

I'm also useing the HT&L version of FS2Open.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline übermetroid

• He who dares wins.
Ok, I cant get this to work.  Am I suposed to un VP everything into folders?  Am I suposed to combine Vp2.1 and Vp2.2?  What?  I cant get this to work with normal and open.  Both VPs are in the base folder.

The way I am checking this is that I still cant see the tech descriptions in the tech room.  What should I do?

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
coool

*downloads*
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I screwed up in naming the VP... again. I thought underscore would come before the lettering, but it comes AFTER it. You'll have to rename your fsport_2_2.VP to fsp2_2.vp to get it to work.

I've uploaded a new fixed version. Sorry about this everyone. I should have done more testing before I released it.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
*downloads fixed version*

I've always loved the Port. Good on ya, GE. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline übermetroid

• He who dares wins.
Just wondering...  What should port 2.1 be called? fsp2_1.vp or fsport2_1?  Thanks again!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
You want to keep Port 2.1 as fsport2_1.vp. The trouble is that the filename of the 2.2 VP has to come before that of the 2.1 VP alphabeticly to use the new stuff.