Author Topic: Freespace Port 2.2 Released!  (Read 7028 times)

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Freespace Port 2.2 Released!
I must be on something I am not aware of.

Anyways, I played the last mission of ST just to see how bad it is...  Oh BOY it stinks!  The Hades did not even use it's beams!  Its just sat there!

Really looking foward to Reborn...  And GE, I like your comment at the end of ST, nice pimping!  ;7
« Last Edit: October 21, 2003, 04:38:13 pm by 1241 »
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Two questions: what is Silent Threat Reborn? and have you fixed the Vasudan Ace bug in "The Field of Engagement?"

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Silent Threat Reborn is Galemp's version of what happened durring Silent Threat.  It is complete with a good plot and missions that don't suck ass.  

Galemp has been pimping it for quite some time now, but we are all still waiting for it.  :hopping:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 10:13:48 am by 1241 »
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I've just noticed the Port 2.2b on the homepage.  I downloaded it, but was surprised to find its only about 12.6MB, compared to the 26.3 of 2.2.  I then read the rest of the description and understood.  The problem lies in the 1024/768 and Hi-Res downloads... they're not there.  FilePlanet doesn't seem to have either of these files.  Now, either you've posted the links, but the files aren't there yet, or you've listed the incorrect filename.  Either way, I suggest you fix the problem so we can get down to some Port goodness. :nod:

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Goober's restructuring all of the Port's downloadables in a manner similar to FS2's own files; install only the ones you need. I'm sure all the links will be fixed in short order.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Links still dead.

[Edit]

Up now.  Download in progress.  I assume that once 2.2b and the two supporting VPs are installed, I won't need 2.1 or 2.2 standard VPs anymore, right?

Later!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 12:51:54 am by 1268 »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I have yet to install 2.2b, but I'd like an answer to my above query.  In addition, has the table problem from "A Failure to Communicate" that was causing CTDs with 2.1+2.2 been fixed?

Later!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Sorry, we've been busy :nervous: Yes, 2.2b and its supporting stuff will replace previous versions of the Port, including the first 2.2 release.  However, the crash in "A Failure To Communicate" is caused by faulty tables which will need to be fixed, so I would suggest holding off until then.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
The said mission needs rework on behalf of the improoved AI, since they nuke the Aqauline installation before you're donw with even the first wave of attackers - sometimes the second.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
If you're refering to the Aquilae Communications terminal (ie. science cruiser), I agree.  I would suggest however, that giving the bombers actual bombs to use against the cruiser would be better.  That way, the player would actually be able to shoot down the weapons before they stike the target.  Right now, they're using Phoenix missiles I think.

Later!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
2.2c is out, which fixes the CTD bug and also fixes and rebalances a few missions.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Hey GalEMP, I've got some good news for you.  Do you remember the concern you expressed when SCP introduced the pof render for the ship selection screen instead of the traditional ani file, and that since it overrides the ani and goes straight to pof, no-one using SCP would see the work you put into the HI-RES ani for the Port?  Well, they seem to have listened.  I just tried out the latest development build (12/5 I think) and it was playing the ani, not the pof.  Now I don't know if they found a way for the system to play the ani by default, and revert to the pof render if no ani is available, as I haven't tried it yet.  It would seem however, that the unpredicable and more often than not incorrectly sized nature of the pof rendering under HT&L, has forced them to revert to the tried and true.  I hope the HT&L problem can be fixed, and that the system would play the ani by default.  That would allow those who've done the work, to show it off, and those who aren't skilled enough to make an ani, to still have something that does the job.  I also expect that PhReAk will adopt, whatever this build is using, for the next Inferno_open exe, so that the ani they made for that campaign, will still play.

Later!