Author Topic: Galemp, a suggestion...  (Read 2234 times)

Galemp, a suggestion...
Now that technology has offerd us this HOLY gift of HUGE bandwidth wouldn't it be bad to let it go to waste?

What I am getting at is this...

After finishing ST:R, wouldn't it be nice to get EVERYTHING, cutscenes, anis missions and all and put it in a big huge FS_Port 2xx. exe (as Inferno DID) so that us hapless souls won't have to re-copy/paste everything (Believe me, a lot of people re-install WINDOWS and stuff more than they need to.)

Or just make this huge .vp

Besides, a big huge file would be so_much easier to :thepimp: at Fileplanet and Bluesnews. That would mean more people comming here to see what the fuss is about, you get the drift...

Also are the vasudans done? (shine-mapping wise...)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 02:01:23 pm by 970 »
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Current projects: GVCa Tanen, Vasudan Imperium
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Well, so far I haven't managed to acquire all the movies in AVI format yet. But this actually sounds like a decent idea. I'll work on it, thanks.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Actually, I think you should make 2 HUGE versions of the Port.  One would be the SCP Edition, the other would be the standard version.  Each would contain the following:

The Great War
Silent Threat Official
Silent Threat Reborn
Awakenings
Destiny of Peace (The ST Single Mission Campaign)
All ships, weapons, and extra for both
All the multimedia from interface animations to DivX cutscenes
Additions such as the returreted and shielded Lucifer model of the version from Inferno, and non-static loadout animations for weapons.

Once all of these are included, the combined releases should be FSPort 3.0 and FSPort SCP Edition 3.0.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Current projects: GVCa Tanen, Vasudan Imperium
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
...and non-static loadout animations for weapons.

Find someone to make me high-poly models of 20 weapons and I will. :ha:

For all the other stuff you mentioned, that's what Keravnos was suggesting. It's all gonna end up being a half a gig download but well worth it, methinks. We have quite a way to go before we get to that point, though.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Don't worry, FP gobbles stuff like that for breakfast. I mean, they put the retail version of Anarchy Online for download... that's 1.3GB, for crying out loud. I'll be first in line to grab this, though, when you complete it. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Cyker

And can we have a BitTorrent tracker pleeease? :D

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Setekh
they put the retail version of Anarchy Online for download... that's 1.3GB, for crying out loud.

CHRIST! And 1.3GB for a sucky bugfest like Anarchy Online?
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Now this sounds like a good idea!  Everything in one big .VP file.  My only suggestion would be to keep the size under the max of a CD.  That way I could back it up on CD!
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Originally posted by ubermetroid
Now this sounds like a good idea!  Everything in one big .VP file.  My only suggestion would be to keep the size under the max of a CD.  That way I could back it up on CD!

I know this is a bit off topic but how would you all feel about a Ported verson of the SP Operation Templar?

I know that some of the FS1 weapons could be used, like the Flail, MX-50, Interceptor.

I also know for a fact I could use the fallowing ships from FS1:

Anubis, Amun, Bast, Valkyrie, Zeus, Medusa.

For FS2 ships could I use the Myrmidon, and the Hercules Mark II?

I know the Persius was not reddy yet. but what els could I use from FS2?

I know the Suboch, and Prom R would work well, but the SDG might too?

What do you think?
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
It would be a good plan for anyone without FS1 so that they could have the full effectiveness, but the majority of people using the internet around the world don't have high speed connections...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Originally posted by Hippo
It would be a good plan for anyone without FS1 so that they could have the full effectiveness, but the majority of people using the internet around the world don't have high speed connections...

Blah, I got inferno, the port, win xp  (:D) all on my 28.8.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."