Author Topic: Newbie here  (Read 2019 times)

Offline ssp3881

I apologize for this post up front.  I am confused what this is?  From what I have read, this port ports freespace to freespace2, is that correct?  So, if I have freespace2, I can get freespace and play it using the freespace2 engine???  or something?  I am totally confused...

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Yup, thats right. All the goodness of Freespace 1, only in the Freespace 2 engine with all the pretty SCP improvements.

oh and

:welcome:
Flame throwers are beneath the seats, asbestos suits right beside them. If you see someone crawling through the ducts, its probably just Carl; give him your lunch and he'll go away (hopefully).

Offline ssp3881

Ok, cool.  So I have freespace2.  You are saying that if I get a copy of freespace1 I can play that using the freespace2 eye candy eh?  Sweet.  Off to get a copy then.  Thanks.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Shouldn't need FS1 to play the port, IIRC.

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
Nah man, you dont need FS1. The port brings all the models n what not needed for FS1 into FS2 format, so all you need to do is download
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
That's right. Download and play away. :)
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...