Author Topic: Briefing/Debriefing voices not working  (Read 2638 times)

Briefing/Debriefing voices not working
Hiya,
So I followed the directions and put the file voc.vp into the fs2\data\voice\briefings and debriefings folders, but there are no voices.  Although, the command briefings and in mission voices work just fine (freespace.vp file goes in special and command_briefings folders).  I am only running Great War, not Silent Threat.  Any help would be appreciated.
Biggs
athlon xp 3000+ 1024 mb 333mhz BFG 6800 gt oc 256 mb sbaudigy 2 logitech z-680 5.1 windows xp home sp2

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Did you check the original thread? :doubt:

I quote...

Originally posted by Goober5000
They'll work fine*, but you have to copy them from the FS1 folder to the FS2 folder.  You can just move the voice VPs and you should be all set.

*With one exception.  Somebody changed the "briefings" and "debriefings" folder names to "briefing" and "debriefing" for apparently no reason at all.  You might have to do some extra work with those files.  Either extract them from the FS1 VPs or download the Port Voice VPs.

Do exactly what it says in the other thread.  Put them in the FS2 folder, not the subfolder.  Extract the files from the FS1 vps if it doesn't work.  Download the Port voice VPs if nothing else works.

And you didn't have to make a new thread for this.

Originally posted by Goober5000
Did you check the original thread? :doubt:

I quote...

Do exactly what it says in the other thread.  Put them in the FS2 folder, not the subfolder.  Extract the files from the FS1 vps if it doesn't work.  Download the Port voice VPs if nothing else works.

And you didn't have to make a new thread for this.

Yes I read the other thread but did not understand it.  You say put them in the FS2 folder, does that mean the voc.vp file?  Then, you say extract files.  Extract what filenames exactly?  Extract from voc.vp?  Using what program?

Am I not allowed to make a new thread if I am confused after reading through this bulletin board on my issue?  That would be a shame since I bet others may have the same question and would benefit from the solution.
athlon xp 3000+ 1024 mb 333mhz BFG 6800 gt oc 256 mb sbaudigy 2 logitech z-680 5.1 windows xp home sp2

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I meant you didn't have to make a new thread because you could have posted on the other thread.  Both threads cover the same topic.

To elaborate...

You need a VP tool such as VPView32.  Use this to extract the sound files.  Save them to their appropriate folders in Freespace2 rather than Freespace.  For example, if a file is located in Freespace/data/voice/special, save it to Freespace2/data/voice/special.  The exception is the briefing/briefings spelling discussed in the other thread.

You can save yourself this work by just downloading them from the website.

Acknowledged, mission accomplished!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Good. :)

And since I don't think anyone has welcomed you yet...
:welcome:

[wiki]bigglesworth[/wiki]

Thank you and I am glad to have found this community.  Will try to do my part to learn the ropes and help out.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Ahh, Mr. bigglesworth...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist