Author Topic: freespace 1 movies  (Read 2146 times)

where do i get freespace 1 movies. i just played the first mission and it rocks

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Try the FTP site listed in General Freespace Forum. AFAIK there are avi-converions availible.

With the port + scp you can see the reencoded cutscenes.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
is there any way to actually put the FS1 cutscenes into FS2? or would that be too big a job?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes, it's possible.  You have to copy them from the FS1 CDs into the FS2 directory, and run retail FS2 with a proper campaign and cutscene file.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
That FTP never worked for me.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.