Author Topic: FS1 Interface  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Somehow i think i've posted this before... :nervous:

anyway, would it be possible to make the FS2 look like the original FS1? (CBanims actually fit the window :D) and the icons are ported? give it more of an FS1 feel. ;7
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Cobra
Somehow i think i've posted this before... :nervous:
Yes.
anyway, would it be possible to make the FS2 look like the original FS1? (CBanims actually fit the window :D) and the icons are ported? give it more of an FS1 feel. ;7
Yes.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
meh, figures. :p

will that be in the next port release?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I like the FS2 icons much better than the old ones, and they fit with the rest of the FS2 interface. Porting the entire interface over would be ridiculous, for a number of reasons I can't be bothered to name.

Stretching the old CBanims has been a peeve of mine for a while, and it's something I believe the SCP is working on. Rescaling ANIs on the fly is difficult though, but once it's done then we'll basically have support for any screen resolution we want.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...