Author Topic: About the IA....  (Read 4329 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

Well, there is any new about what is causing that the FS_port IA is soooo stupit??? all of my wingmen end dead on every mission, no matter what I does of what dificulty level... for some rason the IA have problems to recibe orders commands... and for some other razon, their abourt his commands and just fly "idle" in space waiting to be killed.

Offline HotShot

ah well, at least im not alone with this problem.

Offline Nuclear1

That's just how the AI works anyway. :nervous:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline HotShot

wicked.

hey wait a second! you wanna say that enemies flying in circles around cruisers, wingmen prfering flying in formation than surviving or alied forces destroying mission critical containers for fun is actual part of the game?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 04:55:53 pm by HotShot »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
uh, no. the ai system is screwed up. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Nuclear1

I'll vouch for the mission-critical ships, but that usually is just an error on the part of the mission design (i.e. ship not protected). The rest of it seems like regular behavior, though the AI should break formation from around a cruiser when attacked. Your own wingmen are extremely obedient as well--to the point of what you said.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline ShivanSpS

Well, for exsample, in the mission "enter the dragon" the one to capture the Arjuna 1...

Well if you order to Beta to attack the cruiser, their dont launch his tsunamis, If you order alpha or beta to disarm the cruiser their just fly around, but dont fire! I see this problems in other missions too, someones dont attack... Y try some CVS but its still the same thing.

Offline ShivanSpS

Well Confirmed, NO double confirmed, the stupit bombers dont launch his Tsunamis!

In the mission of destroying the Eva... IM LOADED THE MEDUSAS WHICH FULL TSUNAMIS! and their dont launch, no even a single one... In the mission of destroying the Hellfire Group... the Zeus dont launch his tsunamis enier...

And that is just a single problem... if you order to disarm, their just fly to attack, but their dont fire LOL.

Offline HotShot

well to be serious: im pretty sure something is wrong with the ai!
i played retail fs1 a thousand times when i was a jungspund and ai was much better, no doubt

and also i read in several posts that older cvs have had a better ai, altoguh i dont have the exact release-date handy, anythin in august i think
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 02:46:08 pm by HotShot »

Offline Nuclear1

*shrug*

I test GTI missions (based on FSPort) with an early-January build and it works just fine for me.

Offline HotShot

what exactly build you got nuclear?

Offline Nuclear1

I'm using the 1/09 build (that's January 9th for all you non-merry-cans and your pesky day/month system :p )

Offline HotShot

i'm german, but that doenst mean i dont know international terms, jerk  ;)

well, thanks anyway! i'll try the build later when i come home again

cheers

Offline ShivanSpS

I also try the 1/09 build but its just the same thing...

I think that there is a BUG which the Tsunami bomb... The Bombers dont consider then as a bomb... their olny use them if their are fully loaded which Tsunamis... I not sure if this also happend which the Harbinger...

I dont think that this is an IA bug because apear to be a weapon bug...

And the rest, order an IA to Disarm anything... First of all all fighters and Bomber always target weapons systems... This dont happend in the Retail vercion... And if you order anything to Disarm it their just fly around and do nothing.

Some other times when an IA is on "engage enemys" some time tha IA stop of follow that order and just fly idle.

Offline ShivanSpS

Finally... Everyone, use the 01/25 Build, the IA is good, and the Bombers apear to work well too...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, the AI was screwed up for a week or so.  It's generally a good idea to stick with one build that works, such as the most recent official release, and only use a newer build if you want to experiment with the new features.

Offline HotShot

damnit, 01/25 doesnt work for me, all ships are flagged as enemies

edit: well i would use the release build but i got 3.6.8-beta, so thats not a possibility
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 07:14:48 am by HotShot »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
So don't use 3.6.8 beta.  It's called beta for a reason, you know. :p

Offline HotShot

but it looks so sweeeet  :cool:

well, i still got some problems but at least its playable wih 01/25 build. by the way, anyone else got the bug with this build that in mission out of the dark in to the night all ships are flagged as enemies?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes, that's a bug with that build.