Author Topic: Crash to desktop on Jump-Out  (Read 2789 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

Crash to desktop on Jump-Out
Yep, again, is the mission of the Beta Aquilae Station, no matter what I do, when you jump out the game crash, which error... The last time of this has been in the mission "enter the dragon", I no know why but, one day just dont give me that crash and finally can complete that mission, but now is happeing the same !! lol any idea?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: Crash to desktop on Jump-Out
Are you using FSO?  What build?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Go into the hud configuration screen and disable the talking heads.  See if that makes any difference.

Offline ShivanSpS

Nope, nothing changes :(

Offline ShivanSpS

Its the 02/02/2006 build.... I try the 1/09 build and go fine, them I try to go back to the 02/02 and crash...

Offline bfobar

I posted a thread in the SCP forum with this same problem with the most recent CVS builds.

Offline ShivanSpS

Yep, the best working build for FS_port is the 01/25, (from 01/26 to 02/02 have the "jump to desktop" bug lol)

Yeah, I am getting the same problems as well. I am at a point where I cannot proceed any further because each time the mission is completed and I jump out, the game crashes and I have to do the whole mission again. So far that has happened 100% of the time on the mission where you have to disable the SF Dragon. This also occurred in the mission where you have to defend the Galatea... after it warped out, the game would crash and I would have to start over. Has this been reported in Mantis?

Offline ShivanSpS

NO, but I think that their already know this... anyway, the crash bug still in 2/12, so use the 1/25 build, that works... But have wrong IFF problems in some missions, all ship flaged Hostile, even the green ones...

Offline ShivanSpS

Use Goobler 20/02.... Have the IFF bug fixed, the Bombers and IA works very well now and the "Jump to desktop" crash its FIXED!... lol thanx Goobler! Addicionaly, teh Sthealth Bug its also Fixed...

But I dont recomend to use you reticle targeting control to target someting, the game may crash...

Offline bfobar

Use Goobler 20/02.... Have the IFF bug fixed, the Bombers and IA works very well now and the "Jump to desktop" crash its FIXED!... lol thanx Goobler! Addicionaly, teh Sthealth Bug its also Fixed...

But I dont recomend to use you reticle targeting control to target someting, the game may crash...

I've noticed that too now that you mention it. I will file a mantis report as soon as I have some time to play with it and will run a debug build and see if I get anything. Symptoms I remember are when frantically beating on the reticle targeting control, occasionally it goes CTD right after targeting a piece of debris.