Author Topic: SCP FSPort Requests  (Read 3973 times)

Hey everyone,
          I am new with FSPort as it is something that I have experimented with and enjoyed in the past few days. I understand that ST-R is still in the works, but if you all do not mind, I would like to post a thread involving improvements we all would like to see and make happen in the future SCP-version of FSPort.

Originally posted by Galemp

So far we're looking to include:

Galatea and Bastion main halls.
FS1 music tracks.
The classic sound and visual effects.
The classic wingmen and Command personae.
Centaur and Scarab useage instead of FS2 support ships.
Nameplates on all capital ships and squad logos on all fighters/bombers.
Hi-detail maps and models for the Apollo, Valkyrie, Athena, Anubis, Amun, Scorpion, Shaitan, Chronos, Bast, and Karnak.
Glowpoints, glowmaps and shinemaps for the same.

*HTL models would be great, as we can see the excellent job on the Apollo nearing completion. Whatever happened to the HTL Centaur?
*Allow the original FS1 ships to have the new afterburner trails that are in the 3.6.8 media vps.
*New cockpits and canopies for the FS1 ships... (basically the same treatment as any ship would receive in the FSU project to sum everything up).

I can't think of anything else at the moment, as all I have is food on my mind (I haven't eaten all day). There is an extremely minor error in the FS1 Vasudan supply ship description in the tech room. I think there is a missing "r" in Centaur. What else do you all think should be done?

Offline Nuclear1

I like all of the ideas that GE has thrown out in the open, though all of the changes/additions to FSPort that I've wanted I've already done for GTI Rebellion. I'd love to have the old Command personae back, but I've kept wingmen the same for the time being. I also know that adjusting the Prometheus damage and the Hornet trails is on the list.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

These are a few more things that I have noticed that might have been said already. These are merely feature requests.

1. Make Arjuna 1's thrusters Shivan: In the mission where you have to disable the SF Dragon, it has Terran thrusters. I understand that you are to pilot it in the future, but it has not been retrofitted by the Terrans at this point.

2. Fix Lucifer ghost: in the mission where you are flying the captured Dragon, the Lucifer splits away from its ghost, leaving a good temporary hiding place from the Arjuna fighters.

3. Allow all ships to fire the updated laser cannons that are in the 3.6.8 Media vps.

4. Don't use the FS2 Prometheus S animation in the weapon loadout screen.

For ideas, how about some new impact anis for the FS1 weaponary, and possibily HTL models for missiles like the Stiletto, the Phoenix V, and others that have not been updated.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
2. Fix Lucifer ghost: in the mission where you are flying the captured Dragon, the Lucifer splits away from its ghost, leaving a good temporary hiding place from the Arjuna fighters.

Huh?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie

1. Make Arjuna 1's thrusters Shivan: In the mission where you have to disable the SF Dragon, it has Terran thrusters. I understand that you are to pilot it in the future, but it has not been retrofitted by the Terrans at this point.
This can be done by altering the Terran Dragon table entry, with custom engine glows, like TBP does with its ships.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

I see, but I do not have any experience or knowledge of altering tables, so I just leave everything as is unless it is changed in the vps. Is there a way to alter the tables to allow the Dragon to have Shivan thrusters before capture, and then Terran thrusters after without having to change anything between missions?

Huh?

My exact words when I saw this...

The Demon in this mission does the same thing, only it is not as noticable.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 11:41:37 pm by m2258734a »

Offline Solatar

That's odd...you using the SCP?

EDIT: Yes, of course he is, he has the nebula.

Wh don't you try a more recent build or something?

I was using build 2/24 when I made the screenshots. I don't understand why the Lucifer and the Demon split away from each other as they do. Should I just wait this out or should I report it?  :confused:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Bah.  No, that's a problem with the mission: it uses duplicate Lucifers and Demons. :nervous: I'll have to fix that part.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
As to the Prometheus problem, a temporary fix (until FSPort 3.0) is to put a text file in your FSPort > data > tables folder named <somthing>-wep.tbm then inserting:

#Primary Weapons
$Name:                                 Prometheus S
   +nocreate

$Velocity:                             450.0                         
$Fire Wait:                            0.3
$Armor Factor:                     1.3
$Shield Factor:                     0.7
$Subsystem Factor:                  0.35
$Energy Consumed:                  0.4

#End

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Very temporary... :nervous:

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Very temporary... :nervous:

*starts nervous fingernail chewing*
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Check the "new model for grabbs" thread in Inferno forums.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Quiet you. :p

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
If your realy wanted to, you could delete my post content there and replace it with:

*post edited by Goober5000 to prevent the spread of an inadvertant release date disclosure*

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Too late, I saw it :ha:

Now to sprad the word.... wait, what's this inconspicuous van doing in front of my house, and who are those guys with sun glasses ?

*thud*
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea