Author Topic: Crash in mission where Eva jumps out right in the beginning  (Read 4431 times)

Offline sine08

Crash in mission where Eva jumps out right in the beginning
Hi,

I (running FS2_Open 3.6.7 on Mac OS X 10.4.5) have a problem with the game crashing in the FS1 level in which the Eva jums out right in the beginning. Afterwards there is some communication with mission control and after they are saying "Try to destroy the freighters without destroying the cargo", the game just crashed without any error message...

Can anybody help (please ;-)?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Crash in mission where Eva jumps out right in
That's due to a bug in the jettison-cargo sexp which is fixed in the latest CVS.

Offline sine08

Re: Crash in mission where Eva jumps out right in the beginning
Sorry for my stupidity, but latest CVS means the latest CVS state of FS2_Open? Or is there a CVS repository of the FSPort?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
FSO.  Nothing else on this board uses CVS.

Offline mnftg64

m'k i had this same problem... so uh... how do i fix it again? should i download and use the latest CVS version of FS2_Open? I tried that with the link in the SCP forums but it didn't even load the game...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Post in the recent builds forum.  The builds are updated more or less regularly, but occasionally there's a gap.

Any suggestions on a good build to use? The error still occurs on Goober's build 20060220.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It wasn't fixed until 2/26.  Any build after that should work.

Thnx. Works perfectly now.  Now I'm up to the scanning mission where you fly the Shivan Dragon. Man, aint THAT an annoying mission...