Author Topic: Where is weapons?  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Battou

When I start game with your Port there is no weapons!!! And in mission enemies fly with no weapons!!! What is wrong?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Make sure you don't have any other mods installed. This includes .vp files and .tbl files.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline ZmaN

hey, how come this weapon error happens?  and why only with port?
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Probably because he has other mods installed that don't have the Port weapons in them.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Battou

Which of "Open Freespace" .VP files can be a problem?

Offline Battou

I deleted .tbl file, and weapons has appeared, but they are can not be placed on the fighter, rockets too! What is wrong now?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Make sure you don't have a custom ships.tbl in there either.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
if you have a ****load of stuff in your FS2 directory, and don't know which is which (:p), i recommend backing up everything you have in there and do a complete reinstall. then install the port.

or, just get FS2_Open, put all your mods in mod folder, and go from there. :)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Actually, move EVERYTHING in your FS2 folder other than root_fs2.vp, smarty_fs2.vp, sparky_fs2.vp, sparky_hi_fs2.vp, stu_fs2.vp, tango1_fs2.vp, tango2_fs2.vp, tango3_fs2.vp, warble_fs2.vp, and the fs2.exe, FRED2.exe, and Freespace2.exe, as well as any other executables if you've got FSO installed, into a folder named backup.  Then create a new data folder, and copy the backup/data/players folder to data/players.  That will effectively uninstall everything.  Then re-install the port into the root directory (if FS2 retail) or a port/ directory (if FSO, so you can use -mod port to play the port missions).  You need to clean extra crap out of your root directory pronto, because that's a sure-fire way to make a mess of things.

There's no point in replicating retail data though, as a base FS2 install is on the order of Gigabytes.  Keep it simple.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Funny...I had the same problem........ but with the Tech Superiority campaign, not the Port.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"