Author Topic: Mission Problem  (Read 2551 times)

Hey guys! First post so please be gentle.

Just got the port and think its great. I have a problem with it crashing at the end of the mission where the Galetea is destoyed (Doomsday, I think). Actually, the Lucifer doesn't jump in, it just appears. Then when the deed happens, the game just stops and I have to do a double three finger salute and reboot the entire system. I think it has something to do with Beta 1 jumping out but I'm not sure. I'm running retail FS2 with old hardware. By old I mean an 800 Mhz with an old Voodoo card.  :(  I know the system is ancient, but its the comp I use at school to do little else but write papers.

Anyway, if this is a stupid question or has been answered before just point me in the right direction. Thanks!!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 08:18:16 pm by Smallville »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hmm.  With FS1 at least, if there were too many capships on screen and one of them jumped out or blew up, the game would crash.  I've never heard of this happening in FS2 though.

I don't think thats it. I've looked at the mission in FRED2 and can't seem to find the problem. I never happens at exactly the same time during the mission, but always after the Galatea is destroyed. On one occasion, I set it so the Galatea would self-destruct early on and the mission ran fine except that I failed. I really don't have a clue what to try next. :confused:

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I have half of this problem.  On Doomsday, the Lucifer just appears.  It doesn't warp in.  But, my game doesn't crash, and the Lucifer actually DOES warp out.  Weird.  It doesn't break anything, but it does look odd just seeing such a mammoth craft appear out of thin void.

On the mission Doomsday, the Lucifer doesn't jump in.  It just appears.  It jumps out fine, however.  I'm on the latest releases of everything, and it is still happening (port 3.0.4, 3.6.9RC8).  Any suggestions?

I don't know if this goes here.  Sorry!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's the way the original mission does it.

Sorry for that new post.  I didn't know if it was okay to continue to bump this one.

I guess is the general consensus to leave this as it is, then?  Is there an explanation for it, or just one of those weird things?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Sorry for that new post.  I didn't know if it was okay to continue to bump this one.
Well, I thought I had answered your original post, and it turns out I hadn't. :)

I guess is the general consensus to leave this as it is, then?  Is there an explanation for it, or just one of those weird things?
It's just one of those weird things.  I suppose we could change it, but then, we didn't change the obvious red-alert bug in Silent Threat. :)