Author Topic: Problem in mission 5  (Read 2475 times)

Offline DIO

Problem in mission 5
In mission 5(the first encounter with Shivans) every time when I try to jump out after the plato escape pod departed the game CTDs to desktop.
Am I the only person experiencing this?
I'm using the latest CVS build.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Re: Problem in mission 5
You aren't the only one, although the game just freezes for. It happens with the same mission and now I can't get past it. :(
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Virgil

Same problem here. Does anyone have a savefile for a completed fs1 campaign so I can get past this mission?

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
How about a save file of  the mission right after it?

I was having this crash problem too, but it worked once and I have no idea what I did differently.  If I try mission 5 again in the techroom it still crashes at the end.

Anyway, here's the file:  http://www.qeyleb.net/files/FS1pilot.zip .  Put it in your data\pilots folder, of course.  Enjoy.   :)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Thanks. I hope the FS Port people are seeing this and fix it soon.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
We can't fix what we don't know.  It doesn't crash for me, and it doesn't crash for most of the people using the mod.

As soon as I know what the problem is, I'll fix it.  The Pegasus and main hall crashes were both fixed immediately after the cause was found.  But if I don't know what the cause is, I can't do anything.

Offline ShivanSpS

We can't fix what we don't know.  It doesn't crash for me, and it doesn't crash for most of the people using the mod.

As soon as I know what the problem is, I'll fix it.  The Pegasus and main hall crashes were both fixed immediately after the cause was found.  But if I don't know what the cause is, I can't do anything.

I thick that is a CVS problem, teh first time that I played the mod there is none crash in the plato mission, now I trying to play them by a second time and crash... of course the first time I using a older CVS... I will try a older one.

addicionally, is you jump at the beggining of the mission nothing happend, if you jump at the end its crash.

EDIT: is NOT a CVS problem... I try which all of my older CVS and the most of the given a mainhall error at the start og the game :P and everyonthat not give that, do the CTD on the finish of the plato mission...
I should be something that you have changed... that mission add something to tech room database? maybe the Avenger?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 04:43:14 pm by ShivanSpS »