Author Topic: The FS1 campaign port to FS2  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Zantor

• Zantor Zenodex
    • My LiveJournal: A Zenodexan's Log
The FS1 campaign port to FS2
The port of FS1 made for FS2 is REALLY REALLY BUGGY!

I will gather bug information and submit it using the bug system, but I thought I would point out the main one that I have come across.

Several things I have come across need attention. The first one is that the PVF Anubis and GTF Valkyrie are nonexistent. Also, the GTB Athena I expect is also nonexistent. I have noticed that the warning boxes refer to code files in paths of the computer that the port was written in. I do not know who wrote this. All I know is that I've come across at least 3 bugs, 2 being ships and 1 in a mission in just the first two missions of the campaign.

The purpose of this post is to make the problems known and that something is being done about them.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 07:46:23 pm by Zangarath »
"We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." --Thomas Jefferson

"If the American people ever allow the banks to control the issuance of their currency... the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property, until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --Thomas Jefferson

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." --Thomas Jefferson

"Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing." --Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: The FS1 campaign port to FS2
Wrong forum. :)

make sure you've downloaded ALL the FSPort 3.0 files if you haven't downloaded the 2.3 previously.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
These are not bugs in the campaign.  These are problems caused by incorrect installation of the campaign.

Read this website thoroughly.  Ninety-nine times out of a hundred it'll have the solution.

Offline Zantor

• Zantor Zenodex
Wrong forum. :)

make sure you've downloaded ALL the FSPort 3.0 files if you haven't downloaded the 2.3 previously.

One problem. Where is it?
"We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." --Thomas Jefferson

"If the American people ever allow the banks to control the issuance of their currency... the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property, until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." --Thomas Jefferson

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." --Thomas Jefferson

"Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing." --Thomas Jefferson

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You can find it in the sticky thread in this forum (Freespace Conversion) or on the FSPort website.

Offline Zantor

• Zantor Zenodex
Thanks. I'll have to take the time to read it. I guess one problem I keep asking people instead of being resourceful is I'm being lazy. LOL  :D

Now, all I need is to find the time during school to do it....