Author Topic: Shrouding The Light bug  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Kernal

Shrouding The Light bug
I was playing shrouding the light campaign when I ran in to this bug. The textures seem to be gone off the Leviathen cruisers, while the fenris still has theirs. Don’t they use same textures?
 :confused:
I have Pentium 4 with XP windows.
I have the 5.3 launcher and currently using the latest official build 3.6.7
I am using the official mediavps and using fsport 2.3 since this campaign doesn’t like latest port.
I did some testing and the port seems to be thing that is screwing it up. So if you guys can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks     
“I am mighty!  I have a glow you cannot see.  I have a heart as big as the moon!  As warm as bath water!  We are superheroes, men; we don't have time to be charming!  The boots of evil are made for walkin'!  We're watching the big picture friend!  We know the score!  We are a public service, not glamour boys! Yeah! Not captains of industry, not makers of things, keep your vulgar monies! We are a justice sandwich, no toppings necessary. Living rooms of America, do you catch my drift? Do you dig?”- The Tick

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Re: Shrouding The Light bug
If you're using the mediaVPs, the Fenris and Leviathan actually look different.  Sounds like you got the table, and apparently the model, for the blue Leviathan but not the maps.  Which set of media VPs are you using?
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
While you're at it make sure you have the -jpgtga option ticked off in the launcher. That's the number 1 issue for missing textures and should really be enabled by default.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Kernal

I am using the 3.6.7 media vps I got here scp.indiegames.us/download.php?list.2
I am using them all except adveffects, zpack, beam slowdown, patch3, and cell. I did do some more testing and when I shut off  -jpgtga, didn`t do anything. So I messed around with and I don`t think it is the mediavps. I turned them off and it still doesn`t show the cruiser. So I tried it in the teck room on official freespace and it crashed and gave me this.

Error: Couldn't open texture 'cruiser01b-01a'
referenced by model 'cruiser01b.pof'

File:C:\projects\freespace2\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1802

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
k

Thanks for getting back to me.
“I am mighty!  I have a glow you cannot see.  I have a heart as big as the moon!  As warm as bath water!  We are superheroes, men; we don't have time to be charming!  The boots of evil are made for walkin'!  We're watching the big picture friend!  We know the score!  We are a public service, not glamour boys! Yeah! Not captains of industry, not makers of things, keep your vulgar monies! We are a justice sandwich, no toppings necessary. Living rooms of America, do you catch my drift? Do you dig?”- The Tick

Offline Kernal

Help?   :nervous:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Turn -jpgtga back on for a start :) I think that's what Galemp actually meant but he phrased it rather badly.

Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Kernal

hmmmm.....
Will I usually have the -jpgtga on. By turning it off I observed that most the of ships thrusters went back to official. Oh, and I forgot to mention that with -jpgtga on I could still see the thrusters and with it off I couldn`t see the Leviathan at all. Do you guys have any other ideas?

Offline Kernal

Well I fixed it partially. By using model view I changed the names of the textures so it will match with the fenris. So when I play it, my awesome looking fenris is fighting a crappy looking Leviathan. All will. At least I can play it.  :p