Author Topic: RELEASE: Awakenings for Port 3.03  (Read 9519 times)

Offline Eugene

Re: RELEASE: Awakenings for Port 3.03
And if Admiral Nelson's excellent advice does not solve the problem, you might consider the bonehead error I made (not that any one else would have done this): Besides the listing of what you need at the top of the first post, announcing the release, did you go to the bottom of that post, below the four beautiful screenshots, and dl the actual 3.0 vp? Someone in my house, perhaps my cat or my wife, didn't see that link and simply used the old vp along with the items listed at the top, in a shiny new folder called "awakenings." Worked perfectly except no nebula backgrounds.
 ;)

Hi - where can I now down load awakenings - the link seems to be broken

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ask a forumite.  We're re-porting it anyway; Nelson missed a few things. :)

great - looking forward to it  :)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Looks as if Fileh is down.  Unfortunately I am about 8,000 miles away from my PC at the moment and forgot the CD I had burned all my stuff on... :(
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
With Fileh down, perhaps someone could toss it onto Hades Combine? I want to play the pretty, redone Awakenings...  :(

(Also, apologies for thread necromancy.)
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Admiral Nelson

I'll finally be home again tomorrow.  I'll post it and some other goodies up elsewhere by Sunday.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Admiral Nelson

Here's the new location.  This file is temporary until we create a new official port of Awakenings.

Download from Hades Combine

Woo!  Great stuff.  :)

While your making an "official" port, could you fix the mistake in some mission SEXPing that the mission continues after the big destroyer goes down cause all the fighters haven't been destroyed?

I'm annoyed at one mission in particular... the one where Dr. Lang's little subspace invention is used. Nothing more annoying than blowing that f'ing ship up and then getting killed by the few Dragons left flying around.  :hopping:

Why the hell can't I post spoilers anymore? Could've avoided that cryptic explanation just by using a spoiler....
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

OK I downloaded Awakenings , Now does this go in the Awakenings folder? Cause all I have in there is a empty data folder, I have awakenings in the main FS2 SCP folder.
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Yes, the VP goes ino the Awakenings folder (it could probably go into the FSPort folder.... oh right you have that in the main folder don't you... never mind then.)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

ok I put the nebula pack in the awakenings folder, and I don't see any nebulas, Of course I die 30 seconds after the HOL ships arrive too. :)

Think I'll delete them and try again

( note to self>>>>write this stuff down for future reference<<<

Offline Admiral Nelson

Awakenings can go in the Port folder.  The mod.ini for the Port can then reference MediaVps, which is where you should put the nebulae.

Oh ok, thanks I'll do that and see what happens.

Still nothing, I have to have something set wrong. Should I have a seperate folder for FS2, FS2Open and the different missions Cause I have the FSport, FS2, Awakenings, and teh FS2 port mission all int he main folder.

Offline Admiral Nelson

FSPort, with all its vps, should be in its own folder.  There is a mod.ini file in there which will allow you to select it in the launcher.

Hey I have a problem with Awakenings... it's fricking hard.  I mean, holy crap. :)

Offline Admiral Nelson

Yeah, some of the early missions seem to be of the "one wave of enemies is good, so three waves is three times as good."  Most of the later missions don't have this in place.

1) OK Admiral I made a media vps folder since I don't have one anywhere in the FS folder at all, still nothing, Is this one of those suiations where I have to start from stratch again with a fresh install of FS2?
2) the Fsport said to place it in the main freespace folder.
The only things I'm not able to run is teh Nebula pack, and in the first training missoin in FS2 theres no pilot and instructor ships in teh breif.
I'm gona make another FS2 folder and see if I deleted anything that I wasn't supposed to delete