Author Topic: Can't port Aftermath  (Read 2534 times)

Can't port Aftermath
I was interested in playing Aftermath, but I lacked the Silent Threat files. I decided to search to see if there was a way to port FS1 missions to FS2, and read that it was possible to convert them. I managed to convert them, but the game doesn't find them in the tech room, and the game fails to load them. I don't know what the problem is. Any ideas?

Offline Shade

Re: Can't port Aftermath
If there is a campaign file for a mission, you can't play it from the techroom. Maybe that's it?
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
If you don't mind posting your files I can take a look.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Well, it's not only Aftermath. I tried Awakenings too and the same thing is happening. I've even tried without the campaign file, they're still not visible. I'm getting this error (from Awakenings, but virtually the same error comes up with Aftermath):

Error: Am2.fs(62):
Error: Required token = [$multi_text], found [$mirror: 0]

File:parse/parselo.cpp
Line: 551
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
---------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------

[ This info is in the clipboard so you can paste it somewhere now ]

That error pops up about 12 times, with different lines. Look's like it's something in the FS2 mission coding. Also, Aftermath is complaining about not having IFFs. So I went in, looked, and all the ships lack their IFFs... I don't know what happened.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
get the most recent build of CVS (April 14 build, right?). that should fix your muli text problem. it might also fix your mission problem.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You're saving it in FSO format.  Change it to save in retail format and you won't have that problem.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I'm confused -- where are you getting that error if you can't see the missions to play them?
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Campaigns appear in the campaign room. But if I went into the tech room mission simulator, singular missions would not appear there, even if they had no campaign file that put them into a campaign. But Goober's advice fixed the problem. Thanks Goober!