Author Topic: Missed dock point?  (Read 2118 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

What happend? I just noticed that has been missed a docking point on the Choronos/Amazon Avanced...

Ok the Choronos is only avalible on port, but the Amazon avanced is the same ship I at the moment of build my campaing I try to see what ship to used and both Amazon and Choronos have 3 docking points... (bridge, Cargo, and I dint remember the name of the last one... Botton?... who is just on the other side of the cargo dock point... and that is the missed one...) I see that on port, but now I noticed is missed. just cheked, the retail FS2 and the Amazon Avanced in FS2 have two docks points too.. so what happend here? the docking point is accidentaly missed or a port bug?

I making a campaing and I using that point... I need to know if i can count which him... I going to post it in matis if confirmed...

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
The Chronos from the Port should have the bottom dock (necessary for the capture the Taranis mission IIRC) but the Amazon Adv (not the same ship, there's some subtile texturing and geometry differences) doesn't.  If it's there for the port - or if you've got FS1 installed - the solution is a quick "import data" in PCS.

And you don't put port bugs on Mantis.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What happend? I just noticed that has been missed a docking point on the Choronos/Amazon Avanced...

Ok the Choronos is only avalible on port, but the Amazon avanced is the same ship I at the moment of build my campaing I try to see what ship to used and both Amazon and Choronos have 3 docking points... (bridge, Cargo, and I dint remember the name of the last one... Botton?... who is just on the other side of the cargo dock point... and that is the missed one...) I see that on port, but now I noticed is missed. just cheked, the retail FS2 and the Amazon Avanced in FS2 have two docks points too.. so what happend here? the docking point is accidentaly missed or a port bug?

I making a campaing and I using that point... I need to know if i can count which him... I going to post it in matis if confirmed...

The Chronos in the Freespace Port only has two docking points: Bridge and Cargo.  Were you using a different mod perhaps?

Offline ShivanSpS

Nop... You change something to the docks in port VP 3.0.3?  I no know what happend here... I just started my campaing about 1 moth ago... maybe more... and the Choronos have 3 dock points... the Amazon avanced I cheked it too... and they have 3 .... So, I have make my campaing using that point, now... I just adding lighspeed nebulas to my mission and when I going to check... I see that the Choros let the docked fighter in speace... and I say: ?????? lol....

When I going to see what happends, the docking point is no more...

I not sure if this is a port bug... Depends if the Amazon avanced have 2 or 3...

About the Taranis... They are using the Bridge dock...

Yep right now, I have a own folder, because, my campaing will add ships, so, Icant told to the people to add my vp to port folder, because is going to cause problems... But at the first time (when I see 3 points), I starting to work in the port folder, who is clean of anything strange... the only diference... I have port 3.0, not 3.0.3 in that moment.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 06:35:29 pm by ShivanSpS »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Okay.  It looks like you got a copy of the Port that included a version of the Chronos I was using for ST:R.  It was removed because it's specific to ST:R and would potentially interfere with any mediaVP models in the future.

I've attached it to this post, so you can just include it with your mod.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ShivanSpS

Thanxs.