Author Topic: Freespace crashes  (Read 2311 times)

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Hi
I am (was) playing the preespace port to freespace 2 (using open freespace (Shivan_SrS release))....
However I downloaded the new version of the freespace port aswell as the mission packs sound files......
But when I reach the mission Field of Destruction in the Silent Threat Campain (its the one after The one where u scan some freithers that are picking up cargo containers and find out they are pirates....) it simply chrashes...

By the way BIG Thx for the Great improvments of a great game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :p :p :p :p

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
System specs?
Current build? (if your using CVS)
Settings?

Offline diceman111

System specs?
Current build? (if your using CVS)
Settings?

System specs:

Intel P4 2.26GHz
1024MB Dual DDR (4x256)
Leadtech Geforce 6600GT 128MB (ForceWare Version: 81.95)
Windows XP

Build -> 20060125(thats what the .exe file is called atleast)
             FSport 3.0.3

Settings:
Graphics: "Direct3D8"
Adapter: "NVIDIA Geforce 6600GT"
Resolution: "1024x768x32"
Antialiasing: "D3DMULTISAMPLE_4SAMPLES"

General settings: 4.high

Hi res pack sparky_hi_fs2.vp installed

/Dice

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Run a debug build (it should be fso_20060125_d.exe or something) and tell us if it gives you an error.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline diceman111

K well I could not find a debug .exe so I downloaded the latest build(with debug .exe) but when I used the latest build it seems to works so thx guys.

(Better support here then for some "offical" games)  :D :D
/Dice

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
That's because:
"Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at the moment." Robert Benchley.
For example, if anyone has ever known a temporarily unemployed engineer...