Author Topic: Darkness and the Light - some messages don't play  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
Darkness and the Light - some messages don't play
I keep running across this bug.  It's not huge, I can finish the mission without it, but it's bugging me because I've taken a look at the mission file and see no reason for this to happen.

In The Darkness and the Light in particular (but possibly other missions as well), certain voice files don't play sometimes.  I arrive and nobody says "Cargo depot sighted", often nobody says "This is odd.  Sensors show shield systems...", nobody confirms when I destroy a freighter, and only sometimes do they say "It's the Taranis".  Command never fails to say "Do not attack the Taranis" though.  Problem is, which things they don't say are never consistent, so it's hard to test.  :mad:

I'm sure I've got nearly everything set up properly.  I've even redownloaded stu_fs1 and fsport-missions to see if that was the problem.  Any suggestions as to what else I could do to troubleshoot this?

At least here's something useful as opposed to the vague problems above: In the process of examining the mission file, I did notice a small thing... the event that makes the wingman say "Cargo all destroyed" probably shouldn't be chained, in case we destroy the cargo before the Ramses blows up.  Which, given how the Shivans take their sweet time, happens often now.  (And this event not happening also makes it so Command never says "Return to base".)

Also, maybe Indra should be given a different arrival cue (not Destroy Cargo Depot) so that the Shivans will frelling destroy the Ramses the same day without my help (if I decide not to attack the cargo depot while there are Shivans to attack)?  It sounds like this is a common problem.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Darkness and the Light - some messages don't play
I've run into these problems in various missions, as well.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta