Author Topic: Favorites!  (Read 3189 times)

Offline Kernal

I just wanted what everybodies favorite FS1 campaigns were. I know a whole bunch of you are going to put down Awakenings  or DOP but, I always thought Aftermath was a excellent one. However I never saw it mentioned. Am I just wierd?  :nervous:

I also have Both Black horizon chapters. The volition site told me it was one of the best. What do you guys think of this one?
“I am mighty!  I have a glow you cannot see.  I have a heart as big as the moon!  As warm as bath water!  We are superheroes, men; we don't have time to be charming!  The boots of evil are made for walkin'!  We're watching the big picture friend!  We know the score!  We are a public service, not glamour boys! Yeah! Not captains of industry, not makers of things, keep your vulgar monies! We are a justice sandwich, no toppings necessary. Living rooms of America, do you catch my drift? Do you dig?”- The Tick

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Cardinal Spear was pretty cool - it had a neat plot and some neat settings. :)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I've always like derelict........
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's not FS1...

Offline Shade

I never played any user campaigns for FS1 :( I really should remedy that some time...
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Ummmmmmmmm.  Aftermath  :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Lessee... the original Eagle still holds a special place in my heart for being the first campaign with any custom ANIs (i checked). Which is why I'm bringing it back and completely revamping it :) (points to sig)

Cardinal Spear was interesting. I kinda hope someone goes back, mods it more strenuously and SCP-ish (e.g. a model for the GTB Gorgon, use of the GTF Angel model, making the Vulcan cannon a ballistic primary, etc). It was one of the first campaigns with new ship models, if not the first.

Battle for Altair... not a bad first effort. And i did like the idea of being extremely limited (your selection of ships towards the end boiled down to basically 1 bomber and 2 fighters that the Orff could scrounge up).

Awakenings was probably the best of the ones I played. Dunno what needs to be said. B)

McCarthy was a decent campaign (and looking back, using old-school VLLs, ML-16s and Furies to fight Shivans was a fun challenge). There aren't many campaigns with a major plot branch, and this one was well written.

I never got the chance to play Aftermath or Black Horizon. I hope you still have Black Horizon, Kernal, cause the VW archives won't let me DL them...
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Kernal

Here this is a archive site where I found the campaign list again Here.

Unfortunatly(sp?) I can`t seem to find the creaters site  :doubt:

I never played, it still is in my storage folder so tell me what you think. :)

The patch doesn`t seem to be working properly so if it doesn`t work for you either i`ll email the one I got from the creaters site a while back go. The volition site is calling it a php3 file which I have no idea what it is. I`ll send you the zip if you need it.

Edit: Are you trying to port this one?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 10:23:02 pm by Kernal »
“I am mighty!  I have a glow you cannot see.  I have a heart as big as the moon!  As warm as bath water!  We are superheroes, men; we don't have time to be charming!  The boots of evil are made for walkin'!  We're watching the big picture friend!  We know the score!  We are a public service, not glamour boys! Yeah! Not captains of industry, not makers of things, keep your vulgar monies! We are a justice sandwich, no toppings necessary. Living rooms of America, do you catch my drift? Do you dig?”- The Tick

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Technically, ETF is just heavily inspired by Eagle, not a straight port. If it were a straight port, it'd be long done by now :P

I've split the story into two halves of 14-15 missions or so (as opposed to Eagle's 4 missions total), and completely scrapped any of the "you're forcibly drafted into the GTI" plot that the original Eagle seemed to be edging towards, since I'm setting ETF in 2336, a full year after the Hades Rebellion.

Many of the basics are similar though. You start a mercenary company with almost nothing to work with except your own moxie and a refurbished Amazon drone. Between pirates, the remaining Shivans, and the Hammer of Light, you've got your work cut out for you.

I've written down quite a bit of backstory, going as far back as the middle of the T-V War for some of it -- click the link in my sig to see.

[/plug] ;)

Thanks for the archive linky, btw. :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 04:43:41 pm by Mad Bomber »
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Nuclear1

I've never really played any FS1 campaigns outside of DoP and Awakenings, so I'll have to say Awakenings.

Of course, ST: R probably will be when it comes out. :)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Kernal

Cardinal Spear was pretty cool - it had a neat plot and some neat settings. :)

Sorry this this topic is old........

Does anybody have a copy of Cardinal Spear: Vega? I finished original one.
The archives linky I put above is slowly wasting away. :(

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Wait a few weeks. ;)