Author Topic: FSPort 303, SCP and load priority  (Read 2111 times)

FSPort 303, SCP and load priority
I'm seeing some strange things in FSPort, and I don't think I understand load priority clearly enough to troubleshoot.  If I play FSPort through the launcher, I'm loading FS2, the SCP, and FSPort resources, right?

I'm seeing capgun turrets use the new (SCP) bitmaps, but no glows.  I've got a Flail with an invisible projectile (when set to an SCP bitmap that isn't invisible).  I'm also seeing some capturrets use the old, godawful blob bitmaps.  What are the rules regarding load order, accessing resources etc?  How could it load the new capgun fx, but not the glow, when they're in same place and set in the same table?  Help a brother out! :)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: FSPort 303, SCP and load priority
What is the full cmdline that the launcher gives you?

With FSPort on in mod folder 'fsport3' the commandline is

C:\installs\fs2\fs2_open_r.exe -mod FsPort3 -spec -glow -jpgtga -mipmap -nomotiondebris -2d_poof -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -fps  -allslev -ambient_factor 20

I'm confused how a mod could read the SCP tables (for the new effects) but then only load part of the files. :S

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Where are the MediaVPs located?

They're in SCP root.  The effects in question work fine for other mods, however.  Actually, I don't think I've got a mod.ini for FSP... that could be it?

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Hope this helps, here's contents of Launcher6.ini and mod.ini that I use. FSPort is in fsport folder, 3.6.8-Z's are in mediavps (both of which are in Games\Freespace2)
Code: [Select]
[launcher]
exe_filepath = C:\Games\FreeSpace2\fs2_open_r_KARA_20060517.exe;
game_flags = -fov 0.39 -ambient_factor 75 -img2dds -spec -glow -jpgtga -mipmap -nomotiondebris -2d_poof -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -nobeampierce -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -snd_preload -env -alpha_env -fps ;
active_mod = fsport;
Code: [Select]
[multimod]
secondrylist = ,mediavps;
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Yeah I made a quick and dirty mod.ini, with secondrylist = ,mediavps; but it doesn't make any difference.  It's strange that half the effect works. :(

Also, I can only see the FSPort splash screen if the vps don't work, ie they're moved out of /fs2 and there's no mod.ini.  But then everything looks lik ass :)

Grr!  I've found playing the FS1 campaign through SAH - using 'secondrylist = ,FsPort3,Media_VPs,Inferno_v1;' - makes effects work fine, but loses the Apollo etc.  Fsport itself, using 'secondrylist = ,Media_VPs;' has the Apollo but crap effects.  Does FSP uses full tables which override the SCP ones?  Will I need to make a tbm that adds the proper capgun effects etc?