Author Topic: Ever do something so stupid you want to scream?  (Read 5634 times)

Re: Ever do something so stupid you want to scream?
Disregard my last post I can access the freespace port website again :) Got all the files I need again. I might not ever get it to work online, but you can bet I'm gonna have one really big FS2 folder :)
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Don't we all...  :rolleyes:

If you're looking for other good campaigns, I'd point you to Derelict, in my opinion the greatest campaign yet written.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Wow thats a big one, I'm downloading it now, I'll try to get it installed too.
Is this a single or multi player one?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 06:16:33 am by wolfen »

Ok I downloaded all of them. uh...............where do they go in teh main FS2 folder or somewhere else?

They go into their own subfolder within the FS2 folder. They require FSOpen to play. What you do is go to the MOD tab on the launcher, and select the folder you put the derelict files into. It'll load the campaign.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Thanks :) I got FS2 open, so I'll make a subfolder and try this out. So far the only thing I can't get to work at all is teh SCP launcher, I dl'd 3.6.7 and tried it but I think I'm missing some files since the only things I've downloaded are from teh Freespace port website and the campaign you linked me to LOL.

Yep I have all the reasons in the world to feel stupid now LO go ahead everybody call me stupid all at once.

I had FS2 installed with the port3_0_3 Awakenings, and Silent Threat, and all the goodies from FS1 all in one folder and for some reason couldn't run FS2Open, well I figured it out.
I now have a FS2Open folder up and runing with FS2_Open.

:wtf:

Uhhh.... the Port and Awakenings technically count as mods too. They should have their own sub-folder. FS2Open can be put in the main folder.

Really? I got Awakenings, the Awakenings voice file the FS2 Main  that comes with the game, and derelict all in the FS2 folder and they run fine. I found out with Derelict that if I make a subfolder in the main FS2 folder it doesn't run, But so far the only one I can run at all is Silent Threat, so I guess I am learning soimething LOL. I assume I can get on liine again but since theres no game servers found useing the FSopen I guess nobody's on line right now LOL.
Oh the FS_open folder I made doesn't have the FSport in it at all, probally why I can't run Silent THreat. But Hey I got it up and running thats a milestone for somebosy who usually clicks I aggree in the end user aggrement and then clicks finish :)

[/quote]

hi,
i dont like symantec too, but maybe you was to fast to formate your harddrive.
i dont want to make you cry, but if you have in the future the same problem, then its better you know it.

if you have windows XP / 2000 you had start from the cd and theres a repairer which check if all nessacry files of windows there or are the right version.
the second thing is a repair installation.
there installed the installer windows over the other windows and save all settings, the only thing is there you have to reinstall the drivers and updates.

with older systems is there a way too, like win9x, but this is more difficault.

Mehrpack
[/quote]

The windows repair tool only works if the cd's are the windows exe type. some companies like mine ( Emachine) give you a set of 2 cd that have images burnt onto them, theres no windows files when you look on the disks, but when you run setup theres Norton Ghost, that instals windows XP, and trust me from experience, Norton Ghost is harder to get off a computer than a rootkit from Sony.

They go into their own subfolder within the FS2 folder. They require FSOpen to play. What you do is go to the MOD tab on the launcher, and select the folder you put the derelict files into. It'll load the campaign.

Ok now I get it. Guess I was wrong then I DO have everything I've downloaded so far working :)
hmmmmmm.....................Time to download some more stuff.