Author Topic: Stupid newbie in need of help....  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Stupid newbie in need of help....
A while back I was able to purchase Freespace 2 off of eBay. As everyone keeps on telling me, it's friggin' awesome. I liked it so much that I hunted down and purchased the original Freespace (now THAT took a while). The problem is, Freespace doesn't seem to want to work on Windows XP. I can get to the menu, but the darn thing refuses to run. A friend of mine let me know about the Freespace port, and right now I'm practically hyperventilating with joy. The problem is...I've never really done anything which could potentially alter the way Freespace 2 works on my compy, and I'm hesitant to do so without help. Therefore, from all of you, what I'd like is a step-by-step guide to tell me how to get FSOpen up and working in Freespace. Thanks in advance.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Stupid newbie in need of help....
This tells you pretty much everything you need to know:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karajorma/FAQ/intro.html

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Begin plasma core insertion, gunnery control, open fire:

Welcome to HLP. Please keep all appendages within the installation at all times. Flamethrowers are located underneath all seats, however, due to the rising cost of oil, the ID / evolution debate (don't debate me on Whether or not there is a debate),V, and the meaning of life, the napalm has been replaced with Holy Water. Plasma rifles are located in the weapons locker, but only Admins,V, or a hyper-intelligent shade of blue have access to these areas. If you meet a Shivan in the ductwork it is most likely Carl, give him your lunch and back away slowly, odds are good you'll be fine. Recommend reading includes Karajorma's Freespace FAQ for general questions, and The Freespace Wiki for specific issues and questions.

Finally, 9th kill. :)

If you want to have an example of how FS1 and 2 can be with the SCP, check the 3.6.8 screenshot thread in General FS, it'll show you the improvements made by the people here and get the latest SCP version, anyway, welcome.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 07:53:11 pm by Sarafan »

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Welcome to HLP. Please keep all appendages within the installation at all times. Flamethrowers are located underneath all seats, however, due to the rising cost of oil, the ID / evolution debate (don't debate me on Whether or not there is a debate),V, and the meaning of life, the napalm has been replaced with Holy Water. Plasma rifles are located in the weapons locker, but only Admins,V, or a hyper-intelligent shade of blue have access to these areas. If you meet a Shivan in the ductwork it is most likely Carl, give him your lunch and back away slowly, odds are good you'll be fine. Recommend reading includes Karajorma's Freespace FAQ for general questions, and The Freespace Wiki for specific issues and questions.

Sarafan la saveur de Mars

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
What does that mean?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
"Sarafan the flavor of Mars"

I was commenting that your welcome speech is an awful lot like mine with few differences, however that was meant jokingly

Offline Sarafan

• No Title

"Sarafan the flavor of Mars"

I was commenting that your welcome speech is an awful lot like mine with few differences, however that was meant jokingly

It really is your speech, I simply copied it. :P