Author Topic: Newbie problems with Awakenings Campaign  (Read 2121 times)

Newbie problems with Awakenings Campaign
Firstly I must congratulate the people responsible for FSPort and the open source FS2.  Throughout today I have been installing freespace 2 from my CD's , then installing the FS2 open files

I have successfully run Freespace 2 with the FS2 open build 3.6.9 and have installed the FSport in its own directory and successfully run this. So far so good. I then downloaded the graphic and sound enchancements.

In my root Freespace 2 directory, I now have the standard FS2 files from the commercial release and the following files

mp-710 adveffects.vp
mp-710_effects.vp
mp-710_models.vp
mp_adveffects.vp
mv_core.cp
mv_effects.vp
mv_models.vp
mv_music.vp
mv_textures.vp

In my Awakenings directory I have 3 files
the mod ini
fsport-awakenings-voice-vp
fsport-awakenings.vp

When I select the awakenings mod in the launcher and run I get the standard FS2 opening movie and in the campaign selection room I can choose the campaign. However when I try and start the campaign I get the following error

Error: Can't open model file <navbuoy-terran.pof>
File:C:\temp\fs2_open_3_6_9.t\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1870
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i seem to be missing a model file, but for the life of me I cant work out what I am missing. Could one of you suggest what i am doing wrong

Thanks

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Newbie problems with Awakenings Campaign
Try moving Awakenings into your FSPort folder and see what happens...?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oh, and by the way:

Gunnery control, power up photon beam cannons. Target Confused. Open fire!

:welcome:

Welcome to HLP. We hope you enjoy your stay. Please keep all appendages within the installation at all times. Flamethrowers are located underneath all seats, however, due to price cuts, the napalm has been replaced with Holy Water. Plasma rifles are located in the weapons locker, but only Admins, :v:, GOD, or a hyper-intelligent shade of blue have access to these areas. If you meet a Shivan in the vents it is most likely Carl, our resident Shivan, give him your lunch and back away slowly, and hope that he's not hungry. Under any circumstances are you to mention the letters eff, ess and three in that order. We recommend reading Karajorma's FAQ and praising all SCP goodness.

Third kill.
(omega_ion)
(Knarfe1000)
(Confused)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 01:53:47 pm by Snail »

Yep moving the awakenings files into the FSport directort made it all come to life. Thanks Snail, now off to blast some spaceships to atoms :)

Online Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
If you want to keep Awakenings in its own folder, you need to set it up as a dependent mod, like so:

-mod awakenings -mod fsport

Ya know I never understood that, I have Awakenings in its own folder, and never have any problems.
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP