Author Topic: Can't download  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
I'm getting a 403 forbidden when I try to download anything.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
This is a problem with the site move and is out of the FSPort team's control.  It should be fixed in a few days.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Is it just me or are the majority of threads in the FSPort forums bug reports and help me threads?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, people are 11 times more likely to report a negative experience than a positive one, so that's to be expected.

(Seriously, that's not a made-up statistic.  I read about it in college; it was part of my Marketing course.)

Offline JFASI

I'm betting 404 when trying to download the FS1 port. Any ideas?

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Well, people are 11 times more likely to report a negative experience than a positive one, so that's to be expected.

(Seriously, that's not a made-up statistic.  I read about it in college; it was part of my Marketing course.)

You took MARKETING?  :jaw:

ooooooh.... I feel like throwing up.... MARKETING.....    :P :lol:

PS: We need a throwing-up smiley.  :nod:
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It was a required course. :p I did an integrated business and engineering degree.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Biz-geneering?
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Apache

This is a problem with the site move and is out of the FSPort team's control.  It should be fixed in a few days.
Still seems to be down. Granted, it's a long holiday weekend in the U.S.

That's too bad. I just discovered this mod and was keenly interested in trying it out. I see back when 2.3 was released a couple years ago, someone seeded the files on BitTorrent. Is anyone willing to do that for the 3.0.3 files?

Offline Vini

For all of those who cant download - just search the forums. This has been discussed AND if you look close at some topics you will be able to find a way to download.

Redirect paths are screwed up a little it seems. It happens quite often when a whole bunch of websites are moved to a new location. So if you want to download a file that is located at http://downloads.hard-light.net/fsport/releases/ just change that to http://fsport.hard-light.net/downloads.hard-light.net/releases/ and it will work. I'm pretty sure this is going to be fixed very soon. But for now this way it THE WAY.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:welcome:

Excellent first post. :yes: