Author Topic: bug flaming sword  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Roy fokker

• Flaming FREDder
Wow been a while since i've posted in here :P..anyway theres an error in the "flaming sword" mission (the one when you blow up the subspace portal) the vasudan corvette is brain dead as i lured the fighters back to it and it didn't fire once plus the fighters in my wing didn't seem happy to attack the shivan fighters either?
Roy Fokker
Mission designer for  Inferno and Wing Commander Saga

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
That missions is so badly FREDed it must have been done by Command. :)

This mission, and Their Finest Hour, will be cleaned up in the next release of the lightspeed nebulae package.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Will this include the fact that none of the beams on the cruisers in Their Finest Hour are turned on?

It's a real ***** playing that mission when you gotta do everything yourself.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Yes.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The other "fun" little tidbit about Their Finest Hour is that the wing of bombers from the Colossus that were intended to help you destroy the Ravana that jumps in won't launch unless Beta wing is completely destroyed (or possibly departed, but I'm not positive on that point).  Last time I played through the campaign, I remember having to hang back with Alpha while ordering Beta to take on the enemy cruisers single-handedly, just so I could manage to get some bomber support.  However well-designed the rest of the campaign missions were, I think someone at :v: fell asleep at FRED on this one. :p

Offline Kaine

The other "fun" little tidbit about Their Finest Hour is that the wing of bombers from the Colossus that were intended to help you destroy the Ravana that jumps in won't launch unless Beta wing is completely destroyed (or possibly departed, but I'm not positive on that point).  Last time I played through the campaign, I remember having to hang back with Alpha while ordering Beta to take on the enemy cruisers single-handedly, just so I could manage to get some bomber support.  However well-designed the rest of the campaign missions were, I think someone at :v: fell asleep at FRED on this one. :p

man i thought it was just me  ::)