Author Topic: Out of the Dark, Into the Night Briefing Error  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Out of the Dark, Into the Night Briefing Error
There's something screwy with the voice file in the third page of the briefing. When I enter the third page, the voice file starts out with "The number of Vasu---" and then either stops completely or skips a few words into the next sentence. It doesn't seem to do that in the other pages.

Also, in some of the earlier missions (such as the third training mission), certain events are happening out of place. IN the third mission, the third drone that was the first to be armed entered before I took out the first two drones. And before I took out the third drone the instructor was already  putting me in the "destroy 10 drones" phase. And in the asteroid mission, some wings were being made visible to me while I was off fighting another wing.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Out of the Dark, Into the Night Briefing Error
I think you have bad noob karma or something.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
And in the asteroid mission, some wings were being made visible to me while I was off fighting another wing.

That's normal (at least, it's happened to me). Perhaps you're straying to close to the other wings while fighting a wing? That's what seemed to happen to me.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Nuclear1

I think you have bad noob karma or something.

Goob, that's not cool.  I'm sorry, but it really is distasteful that when someone asks for help, they have totally unrelated thrown back at them.  If you guys are going to yell at us for doing that sort of thing...
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Goob, that's not cool.  I'm sorry, but it really is distasteful that when someone asks for help, they have totally unrelated thrown back at them.  If you guys are going to yell at us for doing that sort of thing...
Well, first of all, Cobra is a noob, he knows it, and he's used to people cracking jokes about it.  In fact, he does it from time to time himself. :D

Second of all, he has an uncanny ability to encounter bugs in anything he tries to do.  I don't know if that's a sign of his technique or if bugs just follow him around.  And the bugs he usually posts are quite strange.  This thread is no exception.

Third of all, that's not my final word on the subject.  I usually make posts like this just so I can get thread reply notifications, but what I'm really doing is waiting for someone else to solve the problem. :D But if nobody else solves it after a certain amount of time, I'll usually have a go at it.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Second of all, he has an uncanny ability to encounter bugs in anything he tries to do.  I don't know if that's a sign of his technique or if bugs just follow him around.  And the bugs he usually posts are quite strange.  This thread is no exception.

It's probably 50/50.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'll second Turey on the last point.  Once in a while, while you're fighting one of the wings, you'll wind up drifting close enough to another wing that it comes within your radar range, triggering your wingmate's lines.  As for the rest...good luck. ;)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
There's something screwy with the voice file in the third page of the briefing. When I enter the third page, the voice file starts out with "The number of Vasu---" and then either stops completely or skips a few words into the next sentence. It doesn't seem to do that in the other pages.
Try playing the voice file straight from the VP, using VPView.  Does it still skip?

Also, in some of the earlier missions (such as the third training mission), certain events are happening out of place. IN the third mission, the third drone that was the first to be armed entered before I took out the first two drones. And before I took out the third drone the instructor was already  putting me in the "destroy 10 drones" phase.
Did you take an unusually long time to destroy the first two drones?

And in the asteroid mission, some wings were being made visible to me while I was off fighting another wing.
Turey and the others are correct; this isn't a bug.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Well, first of all, Cobra is a noob, he knows it, and he's used to people cracking jokes about it.  In fact, he does it from time to time himself. :D

Third of all, that's not my final word on the subject.  I usually make posts like this just so I can get thread reply notifications, but what I'm really doing is waiting for someone else to solve the problem. :D But if nobody else solves it after a certain amount of time, I'll usually have a go at it.

I get a lot of bugs in almost everything I do. Most of the time, it's just some RTFM thing, but even when it's not, I can usually get it right. Otherwise, this board would be absolutely flooded. You'd have to, like, have this board just for my bugs. :p