Author Topic: Asteroids in Silent Threat missing white targetting boxes  (Read 1883 times)

Asteroids in Silent Threat missing white targetting boxes
I'm on the mission where you have to guard the Iota ships through the asteroid belt and the shivans periodically attack.

However, once the shivans first came in, I targeted them and blew them up. All of a sudden, any white target boxes to indicate which ships were on a collision course with the Iotas were gone. The Direction and distance indicators at the edge of the screen were still there, but once I had the asteroids visible, there was no box around them, even though my wing men would shoot them.

The next time (2nd) the shivans came, I targeted them again. I noticed that while I was targeting a shivan, the white boxes were back around the asteroid. As soon as I blew up my target, the white boxes were gone again.

This led to Iota 1 being triple teamed by 3 large asteroids at once. Cool to watch.
Consider, friend, as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me.

-- Scottish tombstone epitaph

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Asteroids in Silent Threat missing white targetting boxes
Aha!  I've noticed that Iota 1 gets more than its fair share of asteroids in FSO compared to retail, but I haven't been able to figure out why.  This is the first new piece of information I've gotten so far.  Can you report this to Mantis?

Re: Asteroids in Silent Threat missing white targetting boxes
Reported
Consider, friend, as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me.

-- Scottish tombstone epitaph