Author Topic: FS1 Cutscenes Working Randomly?  (Read 2167 times)

FS1 Cutscenes Working Randomly?
I've always had some degree of problems with playing Freespace movies ingame. Recently however I seem to have settled that problem by downloading the theora modified ogg files for Freespace 2, and now for the first time since I played off of the CD's I can consistantly see the FS2 cutscene everytime I load up. So I've downloaded the FS1 intro.ogg as a test, put it into the movies folder, removed the intro.avi file, and the oddest thing is occurring. For some reason the FS1 intro seems to play -completely- randomly. I loaded it up, didn't see squat. I loaded it up about 5 times, didn't see squat then on one attempt it just randomly began playing :confused:. I tried the same thing in the tech room and it generally does not play but twice I've hit play, the screen flickered momentarily, and it did indeed begin to play for me.

Now, I find that extremely odd since I'm doing -nothing- different each time I hit play. I should also make note that when I say it "doesn't play" I mean I don't see any visuals whatsoever, but I -can- always hear the audio.

Re: FS1 Cutscenes Working Randomly?
Ah stupid me! I didn't read well that if i have the MVE format i didn't have to convert to AVI if i'm using build 3.6.9

Question again:
If i'm playing FS1 Port, the cutscenes is completely wrong. Instead playing FS1 Cutscenes, it's playing the FS2 Cutscenes.

I put my FS2 Movies in D:\Games\Freespace2\data\movies (Instruction in Karajorma's FAQ)

And put my FS1 Movies in D:\Games\Freespace2\fsport3_0_4\movies (Instruction somewhere in HLP forum)

EDIT:
Now it works normally, i placed the FS1 movies in a wrong folder. It should be in the D:\Games\Freespace2\fsport3_0_4\data\movies but placing the cutscenes in root fsport3_0_4 is also works.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 12:04:14 am by rossiharu »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Rossiharu almost has it right.  You should do the following:

• Put FS2 movies in FreeSpace2\data\movies
  • Put FS1 movies in FreeSpace2\fsport\data\movies

Notice the "data" subfolder, which must be part of the path.

Thanks Goober5000 for pointing the "data" for me. I tried put in the root of fsport3_0_4. And it works too, but i choose to do it in your way. It keeps the root folder neat.