Author Topic: FSPort Crash  (Read 4699 times)

Offline engk

Hello All,
I'm new to Freespace SCP, and I have to say that the work done on this project and others like it is very impressive, not to mention the immense amount of time needed. Thanks!

Anyways, I used the Freespace Installer after installing the retail version of FS2. I selected all the options and everything downloaded and installed with no errors. The FS2 campaign works fine but I cannot get the fsport mod to work. I think there might be a conflict or something since I once saw the FS start screen but the FS2 tutorial on the Myrrmidon fighter loaded instead! Most of the time though, I get kicked back into windows during the load screen with this error:

Error: Invalid weapon name.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( true )
   ( good-secondary-time
      "Friendly"
      "Cyclops"
      "Belisarius"
   )
)
(Error appears to be: Cyclops)
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 5798
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help, Thanks!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:welcome:

Why are you playing the main FS2 campaign?  If you want to play the Port, you should select one of the Port campaigns from the campaign room.  If you want to play the main FS2 campaign, you should de-select the Port in the Launcher.

Anyways, I used the Freespace Installer after installing the retail version of FS2. I selected all the options and everything downloaded and installed with no errors. The FS2 campaign works fine but I cannot get the fsport mod to work. I think there might be a conflict or something since I once saw the FS start screen but the FS2 tutorial on the Myrrmidon fighter loaded instead! Most of the time though, I get kicked back into windows during the load screen with this error:

I'm pretty sure that you did everything right but there is a problem that is out of your control.

If you rerun the installed and attempt to install the FSPort again, you may notice some error messages during the installation.  This is why the mod isn't really working.

The site where FSPort is downloaded from is down and the installer doesn't know any mirrors for it.  It manages to get just enough data to convince the loader that the mod is installed (as well as the cut scenes actually) but when you go to play it, you're still playing the normal FS2 campaign because the FS1 port doesn't exist in the directory where it should.

The same thing happened to me.

If you wanted to get it manually then the only place I know of requires a FilePlanet subscription which I'm not interested in getting, the other link is to the site that we already know is down.

Until an alternative download location is made available or the existing site is restored (seems unlikely, it's been a month or two now), you're out of luck and FSPort can't be played.

BlackPawn
(who really wants to play FSPort but can't)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
:welcomered:  I know there is a another place to download.Il find it for you.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
:welcome: @Blackpawn and Engk

@Blackpawn as Goober said engk wasd trying to play the main Freespace2 campaign using the port as the selected mod which is why he was receiving the error messages. As for your problem, the site is likely down again due to bandwidth limitations, (I haven't checked but making a good guess). The reason for this is the site which the installer links to has only so many downloads before it is maxed out. I suggest that you wait a couple of days, (Until the 1st August) until you try again and then things should work fine as it is reset the first of every month!  :yes:

Hmmph! Hades got there first with the beam, but as he didn't welcome engk I'm leaving it up!  :P
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's not bandwidth; the WCSaga site where the Port files have been hosted is actually down, for good.  I'm trying to figure out a good replacement.

You can still get it at FilePlanet, and it doesn't require a paid subscription.  You have to really look carefully, but there's a place where you can sign up for free.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Someone sticky this....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4W1QCZE4  401.46 MB, extracts to 676 MB.  Extract to \fsport\

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Stickies are reserved for official stuff.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Well, I had to dig through 7 pages of my posts to find it...  and, the 'official' stuff is out of commision right now. 

What I'm getting at is, there needs to be a solution to this problem stickied, IMHO.  Otherwise, we're going to have to be running around posting links to fsport until they find another hosting service.  And, BTW, how long does that take?  Do they need money for it?  (How about a refund from their previous file host :mad: )

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
A new mirror will be available this evening.  Honestly, you guys are too impatient.

I find it rather astonishing that you guys complain that the files aren't available for download, yet turn your noses up at FilePlanet, which has been available all this time.  We're providing you this mod for free; you hardly have cause to complain about how we do it.  Furthermore, FilePlanet was all we were allowed to use back when we were hosted on 3dap.  You should consider yourselves lucky that we have additional mirrors at all. :rolleyes:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmm, well, besides making it rather hard to find, free access is also designed to confuse.  Once you log in, you are no longer set to access the file you set out to get.  You have to leave a window with FP logged in, copy the link, and paste it into the new window.  Or try and search for the file.  At least, last time I used FP that was the case.  I like FileFront much better, but they delete unused files....

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Downloads are back up.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam