Author Topic: Last Level Nearly Made Me Vomit  (Read 6796 times)

Offline Chimp

Last Level Nearly Made Me Vomit
Heh,

Well i'm already feeling a bit ill, but playing the last level sent me over the edge, sorry but i found the whole subspace graphics quite nauseating.

I don't know if im alone in this, can't really be very constructive about it :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Last Level Nearly Made Me Vomit
Meh, if you can play Wolf 3d without getting dizzy, it ain't that bad.

Offline Centrixo

hehe the only thing that makes me dizzy is the weapon projectile energy round colours. fire too many of them for too long and you see what i mean...
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Chimp

Well as i said Snail, i'm already feeling a bit ill so maybe even wolf 3d would be too much right now :)

On top of that, i completed the previous mission on 20% health, in a Ursa bomber, so i ended up playing the last level a lot of times (its on hard as well).

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I made a Wolf 3d level once... Was called door maze... No enemies, just endless, millions of doors... That made me vomit, I would turn, open a door, turn, turn, turn, open door, turn, open door..........

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Well as i said Snail, i'm already feeling a bit ill so maybe even wolf 3d would be too much right now :)

On top of that, i completed the previous mission on 20% health, in a Ursa bomber, so i ended up playing the last level a lot of times (its on hard as well).

You sure you're not just sick?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, I get extremely nauseated while playing Wolf3D, Doom, or any other FPS; but I didn't get nauseated on the subspace mission.  It's not our design, though, so please don't blame us. :p

You can probably get rid of the effect by configuring your detail level to not display backgrounds.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I would just love to see your expression while playing Descent.  Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

Quote from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHFazkfmBE4
We revolutionized the first person shooter with award-winning, 360ostomach-wrenching action...

*Imagines Goober turning green*
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 02:44:33 pm by jr2 »

Offline Chimp

I never normally feel i'll from playing any type of game, was really for a first for me. Being ill probably was the main cause, but it definately made it worse.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

Offline Roanoke

I sometimes get dizzy if I launch CJ off of Mount Chiliad in GTA San Andreas.....

Offline Nuclear1

Only time I can recall getting evenly slight nauseated is in the hot-air balloon sequence in Journeyman Project 3.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline TrenchardsLoveSock

• Remember, everybody starts as a noob
ANY Fps with headsway enabled makes me want to hurl after about 10 minutes.  First time was playing the first Star Wars FPS (Dark Forces I think).  Spent ages screwing around with refresh rates etc before I worked it out!
Founder (and only member) of the "WMCoolmon Crusade For Better Noob Appeal" fan club.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I sometimes get dizzy if I launch CJ off of Mount Chiliad in GTA San Andreas.....

I've been playing FS too long now, I thought that was some osrt of Terran mod i must have missed for a moment there. :lol:

Mebbe you should just try to tough it out til the Lucy goes down.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Don't think I can ever remember a game getting me dizzy.

The subspace mission was good at getting me disoriented the first time I played it though.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i never puked playing it. but it was a tad disorientationg. i find it helps if you fly the bomber and give ulysses to all your wingmen, then you just focus your attention on the lucifer, that helps with the nausea some. infact the end of fs1 is the only time a game makes me nauseated. i play all kinds of fpses, descent, flight simulators, orbiter, none of it affects me, but the second im in the subspace tunnel, bleh. its the counter-rotation of the 2 sections that does it. but it does help if you try not to look at it, even though it is somewhat cool :D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 06:25:22 am by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I look at it... and through it.  It can disorient a bit, but it doesn't bother me.  As long as you can see that there are actually two tunnels, one clockwise, one counterclockwise, I think that helps.

Don't get sick at all... not even in a roller-coaster!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Who gets sick in roller coasters?  Just don't stuff yourself before getting on, that's all.. :p

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Who gets sick in roller coasters?  Just don't stuff yourself before getting on, that's all.. :p
You're right, roller coasters are meh, but I do feel a bit queasy on the waltzers!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions