Author Topic: Last Level Nearly Made Me Vomit  (Read 6795 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Re: Last Level Nearly Made Me Vomit
I never got nauseated, but I had a very difficult time getting my bearings and maneuvering properly. It gives the illusion that your ship is being hurled forwards, making judging the right approach speed very difficult. I flew an Ursa and it took me many tries to take out the Lucifer due to being too disoriented to hit the reactors. Dogfighting is absolute hell in subspace--the disorientation plus having no shields.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
[looksdownnose]... Obviously not IFR certified [/looksdownnose]  :lol: well neither am I, but I still know enough to use them when I start getting disoriented.  ;)

Heh,

Well i'm already feeling a bit ill, but playing the last level sent me over the edge, sorry but i found the whole subspace graphics quite nauseating.

I don't know if im alone in this, can't really be very constructive about it :)

try playing the original descent. That game is headache city.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I didn't get nausea, i just get disorientated. I get very confused, cuz the subspace makes me think i'm moving even when my thrusters are off. Really makes me disorientated. It helped that Lucy was there to 'anchor' me though.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Well, if you look closely, you can see stars, IIRC, through the subspace wall.. they are a good reference point, as well as the jump node at the other end (if visible, I forget).  Also, think of the subspace as two counterrotating semitransparent tubes...  Last resort, use autospeed matching.