Author Topic: problem with fsport campaign  (Read 4041 times)

problem with fsport campaign
Hi all am having problems with the freespace port any campaign i enter for the port be it awakenings the original freespace 1 campaign or whatever i cant choose any weapons on the loadout screen when i try and drag them onto my ship it just says the ulysses cant use this weapon, i installed  the necessary files to get the port up and running ie core files mission pack etc but still i cant select weapons whats going on?

Offline Dysko

Re: problem with fsport campaign
:welcome:

Did you activate the FSPort as a mod in the launcher? From your description of the problem it seems that FS can't find the FSPort table files (you should be using the Apollo instead of the Ulysses, and if FS does not find a ship entry in the tables it picks up the first ship entry, that is the Ulysses).
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Hello Mobius 1,
You need to activate the Port as a mod. Go to the mods tab on your launcher press the "Select Mod" button and choose the folder in which you have placed the FSPort mod.

*EDIT*
Ah Darth Dysko got here first with the welcome beam, however...... you may also need to create a new pilot to use with the Port
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

cant find a mods section on the freespace 2 launcher, what exactly do you mean by that?

Offline Dysko

cant find a mods section on the freespace 2 launcher, what exactly do you mean by that?
Have you downloaded FS2_Open 3.6.9 and the FS2_Open Launcher? If not, get them from here. Then download the Media VPs and put them in the "mediavps" folder. Finally, open the FS2_Open Launcher, go in the mod section and select your FSPort folder.
Good hunt! :)

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam

Ah, you are using retail I assume, which means you don't have FreeSpace Open. I suggest you download this as the graphic enhancements are astounding (Assuming your computer is upto it).

Turey's online installer can be found here, (Beware, this can download upto 3gb of data, but as you have the retail disc's (<- assuming again) you half way there.)

And just for the hell of it....................

:welcome:

*Edit AGAIN*

:hopping: :mad: You beat me to it again Darth!!!! Strangely enough though I didn't get a warning that some else had posted this time!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Dysko

Strangely enough though I didn't get a warning that some else had posted this time!
I had the same problem some time ago, when using IE7. Now I use Firefox and it's all ok :D

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Azz...mobius 1?

Welcome to the HLPBB, Ace Combat dude :D

Stay here - soon INFASA will be available. You can play the main FS1 campaign and other campaigns like Awakenings with it :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hi all am having problems with the freespace port any campaign i enter for the port be it awakenings the original freespace 1 campaign or whatever i cant choose any weapons on the loadout screen when i try and drag them onto my ship it just says the ulysses cant use this weapon, i installed  the necessary files to get the port up and running ie core files mission pack etc but still i cant select weapons whats going on?

You didn't just dump all the mods in your FreeSpace2 dir, did you?  You're supposed to put them in their own folders.
Media VP files > \mediavps
FSport files > \fsport
etc, etc.

Easiest way to do it is to let Turey's Installer do it for you.  If it helps, take a look at my directory tree:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
You're supposed to put them in their own folders.

Unless you're running retail, in which case only putting it in the root folder works.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I keep forgetting that some ppl don't run SCP... :nervous:  If they don't, they should!  :mad2:  And I'll badger them until they do!  :arrr: 
 :lol: j/k

Offline Snail

• SC 5
badgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerba dgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerMUSHROom

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam