Author Topic: FreeSpace 1 Style Interface  (Read 2413 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
FreeSpace 1 Style Interface
I suppose it's been brought up a lot, and it would take a lot of work, but why not have the good old FS1-style interface? If we can have the mainhall, why not the interface? There would be quite a lot of tweaking to make it work with FS2's masks, but is it still doable?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: FreeSpace 1 Style Interface
I don't think so. I've tried it, I got the interface artwork, but the text and CBAnims remained in their FS2 positions. I think all that stuff is hard-coded.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
@Cobra:  Try it again, except in 640x480 rez?  Or is that not the problem?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What I meant is that you just get the FS1 interface to work like the FS2 interface, not so that the FS2 interface works like FS1.

BTW:
Snail and 92 Guests are viewing this board.

:wtf:

Yeah, Tried that to. First I did only the briefing ani's. found out that I had to completely change some tables to let that work... quitted then.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well maybe when STR is released then we can do that.

quitted not a word