Author Topic: Ship error!  (Read 3908 times)

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
I re-installed the port, the retails of BOTH games, searched the forums, and have found no answers.

When I load FSO, and use Fsport as my Mod, I made my new pilot, attempted to load Silent Threat, and get an error logging every ship in the game. And in The campaign, every ship is a Ulysses. I know the answer was on the forums, but i cannot find it!

Help a newbie in need :)
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Are you saying you're using the FS1 tables? :wtf:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
You don't have FS1 Retail installed in the same dir as FS2 & FSPort, do you?

FS1 Retail needs its own directory
FS2 Retail goes in its own directory
FS1Port goes in its own subdirectory "fsport" under FS2 Retail, and is selected as a mod in the Launcher.
The mediavps go in their own "mediavps" directory under FS2 Retail, and are selected as a mod in the Launcher when playing the FS2 Main Campaign... when playing FS1Port or another mod, the mediavps are auto loaded using FSPort's mod.ini file.

OR, save yourself trouble, install FS2 Retail, copy the .MVEs off of FS2 #2 and #3 disks to your FS2 \data\movies dir, copy the .MVEs off of the FS1 discs to your \fsport\data\movies dir, as seen in my walkthrough.  (In my siggy.)
EDIT: Sorry, then finally, Install using Turey's Installer, as seen in my walkthrough in my siggy. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 02:05:20 am by jr2 »

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
mod.ini..? okay, I did everything the guide told me to do, but I still do not get it! When i open FSport in the MOD directory, it only says, Freespace 1, ported to run on the FS2 engine.

. <--- There it is.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It's supposed to say that. :rolleyes:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
EDIT: Sorry, then finally, Install using Turey's Installer, as seen in my walkthrough in my siggy. :rolleyes:

But if you used my walkthrough, you should be all set.  What exactly is your problem now?  If you want to play FS2's campaign, then use the mod "mediavps".  If you want FS1 or ST, then use "FSPort", and select either The Main FreeSpace Campaign or Silent Threat in the Campaign Room.

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
your walkthrough told me how to get my movies onto my disc, not how to get the ships all in there. I re-installed FS1, FS2, and FSO. Even FSport, but still, this is my error: (Prepare for a LONG list!---------------------------
Error!
---------------------------
Error: Invalid ship class name.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( true )
   ( tech-add-ships
      "GTF Ulysses"
      "GTF Apollo"
      "GTF Valkyrie"
      "GTF Hercules"
      "GTB Athena"
      "GTB Medusa"
      "GTB Ursa"
      "GTDR Amazon"
      "GTS Centaur"
      "GTFR Poseidon"
      "TC 2"
      "TSC 2"
      "GTFR Chronos"
      "TAC 1"
      "TTC 1"
      "GTC Fenris"
      "GTC Leviathan"
      "GTSC Faustus"
      "GTD Orion"
      "GTI Arcadia"
      "GTT Elysium"
      "Terran NavBuoy"
      "GTSG Watchdog"
      "GTSG Cerberus"
      "GTEP Hermes"
      "PVF Anubis"
      "PVF Seth"
      "PVF Horus"
      "PVF Thoth"
      "PVB Osiris"
      "PVB Amun"
      "PVS Scarab"
      "PVT Isis"
      "PVFR Bast"
      "VC 3"
      "PVFR Ma'at"
      "VAC 4"
      "PVFR Satis"
      "PVC Aten"
      "PVD Typhon"
      "PVSG Ankh"
      "PVEP Ra"
      "SF Dragon"
      "SF Basilisk"
      "SF Manticore"
      "SF Scorpion"
      "SB Shaitan"
      "SB Nephilim"
      "ST Azrael"
      "SFR Mephisto"
      "SFR Mephisto"
      "SC 5"
      "SFR Asmodeus"
      "SAC 2"
      "SC Lilith"
      "SC Cain"
      "SD Demon"
      "SD Lucifer"
      "SSG Trident"
   )
   ( tech-add-weapons
      "ML-16 Laser"
      "Disruptor"
      "Avenger"
      "Flail"
      "Prometheus"
      "Banshee"
      "MX-50"
      "D-Missile"
      "Fury"
      "Hornet"
      "Interceptor"
      "Phoenix V"
      "Synaptic"
      "Stiletto"
      "Tsunami"
      "Harbinger"
      "Leech Cannon"
   )
)
(Error appears to be: GTF Apollo)

File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp

Line: 5798

[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:

------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------

See? I need the ship files....

. <--- There it is.

the ships...come with the fsport....right???
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
What files are in your fsport folder?
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
*smacks forehead*

1) Uninstall everything.
2) Install using Turey's installer.
3) Make sure FSPort is selected or something.
4) If you feel nostalgic for the original FS1, install it, but install FS1 in a separate folder (example: C:\Games\Freespace), with Silent Threat going into the FS1 folder.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Exactly... but, to save download time, Install FS2 + copy the movies from their discs to your hard disk like I mentioned in my walkthrough.  Your problem appears to be that you are trying to install FS1 into FS2... don't do that.  FS1 needs to be completely separate from FS2.  FSPort, on the other hand, should be installed into FS2's directory.  But, to modify what Cobra said:

1) Uninstall everything.
2) Install FS2 (do a full install).
3) Copy the FS1 & FS2 .MVEs into their appropriate FS2 directories, see my walkthrough.
4) Install using Turey's Installer, using the same directory as FS2 was installed to!
5) As Cobra said, Make sure FSPort is selected in Turey's Installer... as well as all the rest of the mods (at least, that's what I would do.)
6) If you want the original FS1 + ST, ie, no SCP upgrades... you already have this via FSPort, but if you want the unmodified version, then install FS1 to C:\Games\FreeSpace or another directory, then install Silent Threat into the FS1 folder, as Cobra said; but take care that you DO NOT INSTALL RETAIL FS1 OR RETAIL SILENT THREAT INTO THE FS2 FOLDER!!!

Oh, BTW, c'm'ere, listen closely..

:welcome:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 03:38:35 am by jr2 »

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Thanks, re-re-installing FSO, and Fsport, and getting every file off of the CD's, it works. thank you all!

. <--- There it is.