Author Topic: Cheating in FSPort  (Read 12787 times)

Offline Terashell

• 314th Thunderheads
Damn the Eva!  It jumped out too quickly, this is going to be the third time I've done this mission >.<  Some of these missions... Grrrrrrrr.  :mad:  :hopping:

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Uh. You're supposed to let the Eva jump. No way to catch it, really. I have a faint suspicion its SEXP is to depart the moment you arrive.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Terashell

• 314th Thunderheads
Uh. You're supposed to let the Eva jump. No way to catch it, really. I have a faint suspicion its SEXP is to depart the moment you arrive.

Not in Playing Judas, it just leaves really quickly.  It's a primary objective, and if I don't get it scanned, then I can't continue on with the campaign.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!

Not in Playing Judas, it just leaves really quickly.  It's a primary objective, and if I don't get it scanned, then I can't continue on with the campaign.

Oh. That one. Real simple, line up behind the Eva, and scan it. Scan it the moment it arrives. For the record try to aim some where to the middle of the destroyer.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

just press alt+s and then aim for the lead indicator to scan it.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
... Alt+S ? what does that do? Show the scan lead indicator? Cuz if it does, i now feel like a totally dufus for manually lining up the scan with no lead indicator.

in a way. It un-targets whatever subsystem your targeting so you can see the lead indicator of the ship.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
IIRC I targeted the Eva's engines...they were closer to the position I was in so I could get a scan.

But I still hate that mission. It would have been more fun if you actually landed in the lucifer's hangar, but no such luck...
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline Snail

• SC 5
But I still hate that mission.

I hate all stealth missions. Until you succeed. Then you really feel good. Especially PI's stealth missions.

Offline Terashell

• 314th Thunderheads
Well, that was odd... I failed Playing Judas, then quit to take a break and go play Rent-a-Geek for a family member... i get back, log in, and lo and behold, it's on the next mission...

Interesting...

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Failed Playing Judas, but you managed to advance to the next mission? If you got discovered when trying to land in the Lucifer's fighterbay, that's not failing, that's correct. What does your de-brief say?

what was command planning for alpha one to do when he got into the fighter bay anyway?

Oh, right, command doesn't think.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
Command: Alpha 1, we've planted a Shivan disguise in your fighter. Put it on, and try to pass for a Shivan while you explore the ship. Try asking for directions to the bridge.
Alpha 1: ...
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Command: Learn to speak shivan. Very quickly (cookie to the person who gets the referance)
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Lol I think the reference is from some movie about a guy who was really smart and could predict earthquakes because of a brain tumor, and he was the help that people got for a Portuguese kid who fell out of a tree or something, and this guy read a textbook and learned fluent Portuguese on the car ride to the kid (as I said, VERY smart).  Could be wrong though on intended reference, but it can be referring to that.

Well, that was odd... I failed Playing Judas, then quit to take a break and go play Rent-a-Geek for a family member... i get back, log in, and lo and behold, it's on the next mission...

Interesting...

Thanks for all the help and advice.

That's like one of the SoC missions in FS2.  I killed the civvy transport, got yelled at for violating BETAC, was told I'm a disgrace to the GTVA uniform, and that I'd be grounded until further notice and then prosecuted, yet I could continue to the next mission.

I guess the Criminal Justice system works much faster in FS2-world.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline Terashell

• 314th Thunderheads
I failed Playing Judas because I didn't scan the Eva, but I managed to get everything else scanned.  When I got to the debriefing, it said that I couldn't continue, so I took the break.

I got back, and it was on the mission where I had to destroy the Eva.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Screwed up. Are these bugs or sth?

Also, command wanted Alpha 1 into teh fighterbay so he could sabotage their fighters, i.e spray paint them blue, or stick birds into the engine nozzles, not to mention splash mash potatoes on their view screens.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I failed Playing Judas because I didn't scan the Eva, but I managed to get everything else scanned.  When I got to the debriefing, it said that I couldn't continue
No, it said "your failure will have dire consequences", right?

You're allowed to continue even if you fail to scan the Eva.  All this means is that you'll have an extra cruiser to bother you in the next mission.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Rly? Not scanning the Eva will cause another cruiser to be around? Never knew that....

Offline Terashell

• 314th Thunderheads
I didn't scan the Eva, tried to accept the debrief after I'd scanned everything else and it wouldn't let me, said I had to replay the mission.

*shrugs* I've beaten the original FS now.  Going to move on to the main campaign of freespace 2 tonight, probably.