Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Modding Workshop

ARG! Rotating objects

<< < (3/5) > >>

Robin Varley:
before they do,

Rotating obects can stick out of each other, theres no collisions to worry about, technically turrets I've done wouldn't work if that was the case.

The only problem I've had to o with the size of the model is in using COB2POF ( suddenly I remeber that it might be called COB2FS2, but still you know what I mean, I hope..).

The problem is if the file is over a certain size, around 210 kb it wont convert it.  It gets so far and hangs, or in the case of the windows one crashes - which incidently can only take models even smaller than the COB2FS2 and takes a huge amount of time longer as well, so use COB2FS2.

good luck, I haven't done anything as big in polys as what you're doing.

Any chance of a screen shot, not that I know how to add one to a forum post.

ADDED:

You're not talking about the impressivly large and excessivly cool looking Bastion 2 model are you?

[This message has been edited by Robin Varley (edited 01-30-2001).]

AZONIC:
The Bastion nope sorry  But, I will tell you the polly count of the Bastion as of yet it is 1878, but this is the model before Psycho changed it, haven't got that one yet.

Thanks for your help!  I am going to convert my model now I'll tell you what happens!

------------------
United Space
-United Space Downloads coming soon-
-Star-Trek Mod site coming soon-

AZONIC:
WOW-I just found out how to make more than one object into one subobject, i didnt know how to do that before, everything would be subobjects  The way to do it is not gluing them but converting the scene in bod2pof right? well i did that and it worked  I can now fix my old models

But.......I wanted to have submodels  When I tried to make a submodel instead of making the two rotating things and the hull it made one rotating thing and another attacked to the hull.  So how do I make submodels properly?

Do you have ICQ or AIM?

AZONIC:
Image, here!  You can see the two things that are supposed to rotate.  There is a huge poly number it could be smaller if I redid it, but it came our like I drew it a year ago.  

Mad Bomber:
Looks like a mean cruiser class. Thats what it is, right? Whatever it is it looks uberl33t  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version