Author Topic: No Interceptor Missile  (Read 4314 times)

No Interceptor Missile
I can see this has been discovered before (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,45273.0.html and http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,47293.0.html); I'm not equiped with the Interceptors in the Advanced Training mission, and I don't see a lock diamond. If I skip to the next mission, I don't have the option of equiping Interceptors (for either the Apollo or Valkyrie). Finally, when I check the Tech Room, I see an entry called Interceptor#weak, which I cannot select.

I'm using FS2O v3.6.9 with the fsport mod, which I aquired with Turey's Java installer v5.5c. The only flags I have right now are '-mod fsport,mediavps -jpgtga'.

As far as I can tell, the previous two threads didn't come up with a solution (other than restarting the campaign), and someone said a fix was being worked on. Is the fix finished?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The fix was posted in that second thread you linked to.  Specifically, here.

Unfortunately, the attachments were deleted in the latest purge.  I've re-uploaded the mission.

Doesn't do a thing (I put it into the fsport folder). I don't get the missiles when I play Advanced Training in the simulator, I don't get the missiles in the next mission, and the problem remains in the tech room.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Doesn't do a thing (I put it into the fsport folder). I don't get the missiles when I play Advanced Training in the simulator, I don't get the missiles in the next mission, and the problem remains in the tech room.
Put it in the mission folder -- either FreeSpace2/data/missions or FreeSpace2/fsport/data/missions, like it says in the other thread.  And you're not supposed to get Interceptor missiles immediately after the training mission -- also like it says in the other thread.

Ah. I don't have either missions folder. In any case, I created them, and put the file in them (not at the same time, tested them separately). Still no effect. And I know it's not a problem with the pilot - I went back to a backup I made, and the missiles still aren't there.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, I guess you'll have to either skip the training mission or wait for version 3.1.

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
Re: No Interceptor Missile
What will 3.6.10 bring to fix this? This seems like a major issue to me.
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's an extremely minor issue that only affects one mission, a mission that can be skipped and isn't even part of the main Port campaign download.  Fixes have been implemented in both SCP release 3.6.10 and Port release 3.1, either one of which is individually more than enough to solve the problem.  Furthermore, instructions have already been posted multiple times about how to work around it in the meantime.

So I hope you understand if I'm a little tired of this topic being beaten to death.

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
I can completely understand your irritation; I'd just prefer it if there weren't a gaping hole in FreeSpace. Well, as long as it's been fixed, I guess.  If the issue has been solved, then I suppose there's not much to be done but wait for the new release.:doubt:
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You could add the No Interceptor Missile error to the "Invisible asteroids? Look here for the solution" thread. So that people don't create so many error reports around here.