Author Topic: Help  (Read 3885 times)

Offline AZONIC

Ok-I know made the submodels for the rotating parts for my model, everything shows up perfect in model view.  When I click ctrl-click to place the ship in FRED2 i get an illegal operation-must be shut down screen.  The poly count it 1412 and vert 1426, shows up PERFECT in MV, what is wrong?

------------------
United Space
-United Space Downloads coming soon-
-Star-Trek Mod site coming soon-
i don't play freespace

Offline AZONIC

I even just took off the rotating data and it didn't work.
i don't play freespace

This could well be a problem with the model, go back to truspace or whatever you use and just save the main hull - no other objects - convert it to a pof, load it up in FSMM2 then save it again.  now try it in FRED2 if it crashes basically the model is screwed, I've had it happen to me a few times, you could try the "attempt to fix bad geometry" button in truspace, other than that there is little you can do.

Offline Wraith

What is the largest poly count for one subobject? If it is over 750(?) it sometimes causes FRED2 to crash. Bobboau calls this the infamous "Shardz O' Death". Try breaking any 750+ subobject into two.
Ingen orsak.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Wraith:
750(?)

Thanks to JakeLogan for that one  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline AZONIC

Thanks for all the help!  I finally redid the model and got the rotating objects working.  Here are a few images.  It is the GTM Obassi

This is a size comparsion.  It is the 2nd to last on the right.  
i don't play freespace

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
A medical frigate?
Pretty big  

Offline AZONIC

Ya...Well I am not sure if it will be Medical or a Cv yet
i don't play freespace

Bushwacker

I'm assuming the 2 arms are the rotating objects, correct?

Design-wise, I can see that those arms might be hazardous materials storage (using cetrifuge-esque forces instead of gravity generators) to hold the materials in the end pods.  Then you just dump whatever down a big chute and the rotating motion pulls it into the pod.

Well, that's my opinion.  BTW, what's that red ship next to the Orion and the gray one to the right of the Fenris/Leviathan?

[This message has been edited by Bushwacker (edited 02-10-2001).]

Offline AZONIC

Next to the Orion is a new ship.....Wait 11 days and you will see more.
i don't play freespace