Author Topic: Release: Eagle takes flight  (Read 4737 times)

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Release: Eagle takes flight
This is a campaign written by Robert Carroll for FS1.  It is a 4 mission campaign chronicling the birth of Eagle securities.  It has been converted to FS2 and requires FSOpen and fsport.  I enjoyed this campaign in FS1 so I wanted to update it to use the fsport mod.  I added backgrounds and did some minor tweaks to correct problems.  This is really in a way a teaser.
Mad Bomber is doing an update and extension which brings the campaign's premise into better sync with established canon and a few existing campaigns. E.G. it now takes place a year after the GTI rebellion, during the events of Shrouding the Light, and mainly involves the birth of the Antares Federation.  Until it is released enjoy

http://hades-combine.com/web/index.php?ind=downloads&op=download_file&ide=351&file=Eagle.zip
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Re: Release: Eagle takes flight
I'm holding out for dynamic inventory being implemented before I get really, really into ETF again, but mission work is going on behind the scenes.

A note about the original Eagle: It was the first campaign to employ custom ANIs, and one of the earliest to employ TBL changes. Twas the one that got me into modding in the first place.  :nod:
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
This is a nice conversion.  Converted FS1 missions are sooo ugly without backgrounds.  The atmosphere is good, which is no doubt why Mad Bomber was inspired. :)

I can't seem to beat mission 2 -- no matter what I do the Elysium departs before the Amazon can do more than fire a few disruptor bolts.

I have a set of maps for a cockpitted Amazon that might be nice to include in this campaign, if you would like them.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Macfie

I found in the second mission that you had to hit the engine on the Elysium yourself a few times to allow enough time for Rocky to disable it.  Do the maps include a model file to incorporate the cockpit? 
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
They are just textures, for a TVWP model now binned:

If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Macfie

I like the looks of it.  Unfortunately I haven't ventured into the realm of modeling, so I can't do much with it.  Maybe Mad Bomber would be interested.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I'm holding out for dynamic inventory being implemented
Which is?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Warning! The dynamic inventory post may drag this thread off topic! Split here if necessary!

Dynamic inventory would most probably work with some sort of new persistent variable, and would be FREDable as an event:

(Add to stash 2)
when
   and
      is-docked-delay
         Ethel
         Cargo fulla stuff
      has-departed-delay
         Ethel
      has-departed-delay
         Cargo fulla stuff
   add-inventory-weapons
      Avenger
      ML-16
      Fury
      Barracuda
   add-inventory-ships
      GTF Angel

And a ship flag that (if checked) tracks a ship, and subtracts the amount of ordnance they fire from your tally. It also subtracts their guns and remaining secondary ammo also if they're killed (not to mention the lost ships themselves).

I understand it would be a massive hassle for the SCP programmers to code all this, but I was under the impression it was at least possible to do. I'm certain there was a thread about it somewhere, too. (Couldn't find it by searching for "inventory" and too lazy for an exhaustive search.)

So that's a feature i'm holding out for (unless I'm told point-blank by the coders that it ain't happening).

As for the scrapped pseudo-drone, I immediately thought of repurposing it for the Wally when I first saw it. :D
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline rbxplayer

• A bit tight with RL at the moment
Guys, you should post releases in the Freespace Wiki, it is hell for a newbie to find out campaigns. I am doing my part in including the ones I find, but the question is, what's the use of building a campaign and then not make it easy to find?
Ijja l-mewt li taghmilna bnedmin jew l-imhabba?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures

Offline rbxplayer

• A bit tight with RL at the moment
problem is that they are not complete... :)
Ijja l-mewt li taghmilna bnedmin jew l-imhabba?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
But create new threads in the future, necro'ing threads is black magic.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
That was Mad Bomber who necro'd it.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Actually this zombie has been necro'd twice.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
When? I only see one necro.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Four hours is so not necroage.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
That's the only necro in the topic.